attempt 13 at human migration map

Matt Giwer

Jul 30, 2011, 4:58:01 AM7/30/11
Here is a professional map
http://www.giwersworld.org/images/migration-present-sea-level.jpg

Here #13 at correctly showing ice age sea level
http://www.giwersworld.org/images/ice-age-sea-level.jpg
and the original
http://www.giwersworld.org/images/world-ocean-map.jpg

The point is the professional maps are misleading. The more or less original
range of early humans was southern Africa roughly marked by the diagonal
lines. Note the professional map shows a migration north of this area to leave
Africa whereas the ice age sea level could reasonably extend the diagonal
lines into Arabia.

This can also explain how most of the apes in the hominid line have been
found outside of Africa. None are required to make like israelites to get out
of Africa. Rather there would have been a continuous favorable climate and
food range along a continuous(1) land mass stretching from Africa to Australia.

Also the professional map raises a problem due to Sapiens entering Europe
relatively late. It is anomalous only if the Sinai route was the primary route
or in fact only route out of Africa. If the route out of Africa is the horn of
Africa into Arabia and then straight to Iran and India people would have to
migrate back westward from Iran to head towards Europe. There is why people
are found in Australia from 50kya but in Europe only 40kya and 100kya after
leaving Africa.

--
I have no problem with laws against prostitution if those same laws apply to
athletes.

Matt Giwer

Jul 30, 2011, 10:08:56 AM7/30/11
On 07/30/2011 04:58 AM, Matt Giwer wrote:
> Here is a professional map
> http://www.giwersworld.org/images/migration-present-sea-level.jpg

> The point is the professional maps are misleading. The more or less original
> range of early humans was southern Africa roughly marked by the diagonal
> lines. Note the professional map shows a migration north of this area to leave
> Africa whereas the ice age sea level could reasonably extend the diagonal
> lines into Arabia.
> This can also explain how most of the apes in the hominid line have been
> found outside of Africa. None are required to make like israelites to get out
> of Africa. Rather there would have been a continuous favorable climate and
> food range along a continuous(1) land mass stretching from Africa to Australia.
> Also the professional map raises a problem due to Sapiens entering Europe
> relatively late. It is anomalous only if the Sinai route was the primary route
> or in fact only route out of Africa. If the route out of Africa is the horn of
> Africa into Arabia and then straight to Iran and India people would have to
> migrate back westward from Iran to head towards Europe. There is why people
> are found in Australia from 50kya but in Europe only 40kya and 100kya after
> leaving Africa.

And it looked good enough to make into a web page with better thought out
graphics and more text in case you tuned in late.

http://www.giwersworld.org/science/MIGRATION/hss-migration.phtml

I may get around to working with just the Red Sea before and after so it is
more clear.

--
To cut Medicare costs, encourage smoking. People will die younger
and faster reducing the lifetime cost of medical care.

Matt Giwer

Jul 31, 2011, 4:27:03 AM7/31/11

Migration land route added using modern map showing water depth. There is no
question 100,000 years ago the Red Sea was either a salt flat or a Dead Sea
depending upon rainfall, likely the former.

--
Some said the Lord said, Vengeance is mine. So far the Lord has neither
confirmed nor denied making that statement.

JTEM

Aug 4, 2011, 3:04:09 PM8/4/11

Matt Giwer <jul...@tampabay.rr.com> wrote:

> The more or less original range of early humans
> was southern Africa roughly marked by the diagonal
> lines.

I don't believe this.

No, I'm not arguing against southern Africa as the
point of origin. I'm arguing against the "Range"
idea....

Several million years age the earth entered a period
we call the "Ice Age." Now an "Ice Age" isn't one long
line of ice, it's more like a bar code -- periods of
glaciation punctuated by "Interglacial" periods where
the earth warms and the ice recedes -- Ice, no ice, ice,
no ice and back to ice.

We are STILL in this "Ice Age." Yes we are. We are inside
one of those "Interglacial Periods" I just mentioned, a
pause, a warming period between the glaciers. But, the ice
age itself is not over. Not yet.

Nearly 100% of all the evolution which makes man "Man" --
and not an Ape -- occurred inside of this "Ice Age." Let
me explain how it fueled our evolution.

During peak glacial periods -- Glacial Maximus, I think
they call it -- ocean level are low. I mean, really low.
The usual estimates place sea level about 100 meters
below the present. This created enormous tracks of land,
and gazzillions of miles of beach -- paths, highways for
our ancestors to wander out of southern Africa. But, then
the ice would end. See, then an interglacial period, like
the one were in now would occur, and the oceans would rise,
the highways would vanish and various populations would
find themselves trapped -- ISOLATED -- in different parts
of the world.

Isolation breeds evolution. Think of it like this: There's
a population on an island and on the mainland. As long as
there is good gene flow between the two -- plenty of mating --
it is difficult for the island population to adapt to the
unique environment of the island. Because of all the gene
flow from the mainland, there would be just as much evolutionary
pressure on them to adapt to the mainland conditions as the
island. But if the Island population is isolated, ALL the
evolutionary pressure is on adaptation to the island.

The arrival of the interglacial periods, the rising of the
oceans, the elimination of the paths, the "highways" for
immigration created isolation, which allowed for populations
to adapt to their unique environments. And then the glaciers
came again.... the highways opened up.... more migration...
hybrids from all those unique evolutionary experiments...
and then another interglacial period arrives, and the whole
thing starts all over again.

Now, this is more than just an idea. The glaciation punctuated
by warm, interglacial periods is fact. Human anatomy suggests
that the water (coastline) once played a significant roll in
our development, and major predictions derived from this theory
are true.

For example, if true we wouldn't just expect to see lots of
different ancestor species (or subspecies), which we do, but
we would expect a number to co-exist with with the "hybrids"
they helped to spawn.

In other words, saying that birds evolved from dinosaurs does
not require that dinosaurs vanished the moment birds popped
up. They co-existed for a very long time. And as far as humans
go, we find the remains of what looks like Homo habilis (or a
direct descendent there of), Homo floresiensis, a very, very
long time after even Neanderthals were on the scene, and we
find them a very, very long way from Africa.

And, yes, there is even evidence of a "recent" (as in the
last 40 thousand years) extinction of Homo erectus, only
AFTER fully modern man was on the scene.

In the evolutionary timeline, Homo erectus came AFTER Homo
habilis, yet both appear to have survived until (FSVO) recent
time.