"The Ancient Egyptians were reputed to be the cleanest people in the ancient world. "

gggg...@gmail.com

Nov 2, 2019, 3:44:34 AM11/2/19

Oh so rich & successful JTEM

Nov 2, 2019, 12:50:11 PM11/2/19
gggg...@gmail.com wrote:
> https://books.google.com/books?id=BDWYJIx95FUC&pg=PA163&dq=%22ancient+egyptians+were+reputed+to+be+the+cleanest+people+in+the+ancient+world%22&hl=en&newbks=1&newbks_redir=0&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiqn6Xjg8vlAhXPrJ4KHXXJBr8Q6AEwAHoECAEQAg#v=onepage&q=%22ancient%20egyptians%20were%20reputed%20to%20be%20the%20cleanest%20people%20in%20the%20ancient%20world%22&f=false

The nobles, maybe.

And they were heavily into ritually unclean animals. Like someone
who raised & are pigs could be considered social poo. And there's
the unknown or "Screaming" man who was buried in sheepskin,
which many find telling because that was considered unclean...

They had to bathe daily for ritual purposes, at least when in service
to the temple. Cutting their hair and avoiding beards was to avoid
parasite -- lice! They practiced circumcision to avoid smegma, the
noble/priestly class at least, which the Greco Roman world found
quite repulsive.

Circumcision, that is. I guess the Greco Romans liked the smegma.

NOTE: One of the "Negative Confessions" is often translated to
read "I have not masturbated in the temple," or something very
much akin to that. So, it's not like their bodily habits weren't
questionable.

-- --

https://jtem.tumblr.com/post/188755685278

gggg gggg