"The Best Portrayals Of Cleopatra On Screen Ranked"

gggg gggg

Mar 30, 2021, 10:44:59 PM3/30/21
(Recent Youtube upload)

SolomonW

Apr 4, 2021, 6:00:52 AM4/4/21
On Tue, 30 Mar 2021 19:44:58 -0700 (PDT), gggg gggg wrote:

> (Recent Youtube upload)

What I do like is looking at is modern reconstructions and colorized
pictures of the ancients. Take them with a grain of salt.

Here is two reconstructions Cleopatra shown by two independant ones.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nkQRrdn6FU

Time 3:04

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGoE8b2o4u4

time 3:58

gggg gggg

Apr 26, 2021, 11:36:30 PM4/26/21
On Tuesday, March 30, 2021 at 7:44:59 PM UTC-7, gggg gggg wrote:
> (Recent Youtube upload)

"Meeting of Minds" program featuring Cleopatra

(Youtube upload):

Meeting Of Minds with Steve Allen, Season 01 Episode 01

The Old Man

Apr 27, 2021, 1:22:35 PM4/27/21
On Tuesday, March 30, 2021 at 10:44:59 PM UTC-4, gggg gggg wrote:
> (Recent Youtube upload)

I'd forgotten about this series that I watched briefly as a kid. Thanks for the reminder. I just watched the first episode on YouTube and found it fascinating, although a little outdated based on more recent scholarship. Still a fascinating hourlong production.

Regards,
John Braungart

gggg gggg

Apr 27, 2021, 4:03:04 PM4/27/21
Thank you for your kind compliment.

If you are interested in Shakespeare:

https://groups.google.com/u/1/g/humanities.lit.authors.shakespeare/c/T94IKH2uXV8

Oh so rich & successful JTEM

May 21, 2021, 1:52:38 AM5/21/21
SolomonW wrote:

> What I do like is looking at is modern reconstructions and colorized
> pictures of the ancients. Take them with a grain of salt.
>
> Here is two reconstructions Cleopatra shown by two independant ones.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nkQRrdn6FU
>
> Time 3:04
>

> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGoE8b2o4u4
>
> time 3:58

Well we know she was of Macedonian Greek ancestry, we know that ancient
"Nobility" was as protective of blood lines as any other, though apparently
adoption was more so an option. Still, it doesn't appear as though interbreeding
between social classes would have been too much of a thing, much less
between races... at least for the upper classes.

What I'm saying is that it's doubtful that Cleopatra would have looked like
anything other than a typical Macedonian or perhaps Mediterranean woman.

I do know that I have seen & posted mainstream media articles attacking
people for attributing the same skin color to Nefertiti as did the ancient
Egyptians. And in a world THAT screwed up, THAT insane I can't imagine
that anything I just said is tolerated, much less accepted.

-- --

https://jtem.tumblr.com/post/651724957319102464