Jardine & Sardine in St. Vincent

Cyril Jardine

Jan 23, 2001, 3:21:54 PM1/23/01
Hello Joan,
Here's what I've been told: my great grandfather, Mezer? Jardine and his
wife Annie Defreitas had six children. One daughter,Ruby Maude, married
Egerton Sardine, around 1905 when she would have been 20. Ruby and Egerton
had 15 children. So there are probably many Sardine cousins who are also
cousins of Jardine. To further complicate things, Mezer? married Annie's
sister and had another three children and somehow, either before or during
these marriages, Mezer? had three more boys with Mena Phipps. One of those
boys is my grandfather, John Jardine. Maybe there's a connection beyond Ruby
Maude because it was common it those days for several people in one family
to marry into another.
Let me know what you think.
---
Cyril Jardine, voice: 301-881-4330, fax: 301-881-5914, cjar...@erols.com
Names researching: Jardine, Toolsie, Commissiong, Baptiste
Jan 25, 2001, 8:55:15 PM1/25/01
Hi Cyril:

Thanks for your email. So far I haven't been able to connect your family
and mine (the Coreas), but I'm sure there is a connection somewhere because
I met Mrs. Sardine, our cousin, while visiting St. Vincent. If you can dig
up any further info, send it along and I'll do the same.

Joan

Cyril Jardine

Jan 27, 2001, 7:03:16 AM1/27/01
Joan,
It would be helpful if you could show how you are related to Mrs. Sardine.
Perhaps the way that I've used to show my relationship to the Sardine family
would be useful.
Cyril

in...@bartleymill.com

Nov 19, 2023, 10:10:57 AM11/19/23
Hello Joan, on the Corea's side, it was George Richard Corea who was married to Amelia Jardine (Sardine?) who was my great-grandfather who was at Sans Souci. I have a copy of Joseph's Will, and Joseph was his older brother. They were both sons of Joachim Correia, who emigrated to St Vincent from Faial in Madeira in c. 1845. I hope that might explain how Corea's and Jardines/Sardines are related - but there may be other ways too, as I don't know the full extent of Joseph's family yet - I haven't yet transcribed his Will, but all his children, both legitimate and illegitimate are listed.
Juanita Rogers