[Carib] Farnum Family

Mori

Feb 11, 2009, 6:44:17 AM2/11/09
to Caribbean RootsWeb, cari...@rootsweb.com, CARIBBE...@rootsweb.com
Hello All:

I no longer receive copies of my posts, so I do not know if they are
reaching others.

I am researching John Parry Farnum (abt. 1823-1889) and Esther Day who lived
in Guyana. Esther may have been born in Barbados.

Their children included John Parry Jr. (lived in Sinclair, Trinidad;
daughter: Leslie Farnum), Charlie (maybe Charles Edwin Dey), Arthur, Ada
(possibly married to Legge) and William on whom I have precious little
information. John Reginald Farnum may be a son or grandson. If you can
help with information on any of the above, please let me know.

I have extensive information on their sons, Richard Henry Ali Farnum and
Ernest Gilbert Parry Farnum and their descendants. One exception is
Richard¹s son, Sidney Farnum who married a Thornhill and migrated to
Jamaica. They had 3 daughters: Deya (married cyclist, Lance Haile), Daphne
(Dapho) and _______.

Richard may also have had a son named Evan, about whom I do not have
additional information.

I would appreciate hearing from anyone on the list, even to let me know that
this message has been posted.

There are other Farnums in Guyana that I would appreciate hearing
from/about:
Frank Farnum Sr. and Jr. who both worked at Guyana Pharmaceutical.
Frank Sr.¹s sister, Margaret Farnum who worked at Bookers - Guyana Stores,
formerly married to Leslie Gonsalves (Guyana Stores Electrical Dept.
The children of Eustace Farnum¹s brother, _____ Farnum who lived in
Albouystown (Compton, Angela, John and 6 others)

Hoping to hear from one or many of you,
Sonia
St. Croix, Virgin Islands

Mori

Feb 11, 2009, 7:03:09 AM2/11/09
to Caribbean RootsWeb, cari...@rootsweb.com, CARIBBE...@rootsweb.com

Barb Baker

Feb 11, 2009, 5:18:48 PM2/11/09
to cari...@rootsweb.com
Hello Sonia:

Your message has been received in Ontario, Canada.
Sorry that I cannot help you with your FARNUM family.

Barb, Ontario, Canada.

Melanie Pereira

Feb 11, 2009, 6:21:36 PM2/11/09
to cari...@rootsweb.com
Hi, Sonia,
And in Victoria BC (Coast to coast!)- I'm afraid I have no info germaine to
your search- but will keep my eyes open.

Good luck!
Melanie

Hello Sonia:

Barb, Ontario, Canada.

lwa...@comcast.net

Feb 11, 2009, 8:49:25 PM2/11/09
to cari...@rootsweb.com
Sonia,
I had a bit of time and came up with some tidbits; you may already
have them.

Law Reports of British Guiana:
http://books.google.com/books?id=81YTAAAAYAAJ&pg=PA2&dq=%22John+P
+Farnum%22&lr=

Seems to be about a will:
http://books.google.com/books?id=azAyAAAAIAAJ&pg=PA438&dq=%22John
+Parry+Farnum%22&lr=

http://books.google.com/books?id=tCIyAAAAIAAJ&pg=PA12&dq=%22John+Parry
+Farnum%22&lr=

About Farnum & Co
http://books.google.com/books?id=vGREL3uneW8C&pg=PA4&dq=%22John+Parry
+Farnum%22&lr=

Cheers,
Laura

On Feb 11, 2009, at 6:44 AM, Mori wrote:

> Hello All:
>
> I no longer receive copies of my posts, so I do not know if they are
> reaching others.
>
> I am researching John Parry Farnum (abt. 1823-1889) and Esther Day
> who lived
> in Guyana. Esther may have been born in Barbados.
>

> Hoping to hear from one or many of you,
> Sonia
> St. Croix, Virgin Islands

Mori

Feb 13, 2009, 6:02:09 AM2/13/09
to cari...@rootsweb.com
Thank you Barb, Melanie and Laura. At least know that you are seeing my
messages, although I do not receive a copy.

Blessings,
Sonia
St. Croix, U.S. Virgin Islands

On 2/11/09 6:18 PM, "Barb Baker" <bbak...@sympatico.ca> wrote:

> Hello Sonia:
>
> Your message has been received in Ontario, Canada.
> Sorry that I cannot help you with your FARNUM family.
>
> Barb, Ontario, Canada.

Nivard Ovington

Feb 13, 2009, 6:24:51 AM2/13/09
to cari...@rootsweb.com
Hi Mori

I had the same problem of not receiving my own posts when sky moved over to
gmail some time ago

For some unknown reason gmail omits mails from yourself "to help save
clutter in your inbox" according to them, I think we should be the judge of
that

I found a way around the problem with gmail but don't know if it would work
with your emailer

One way around your problem might be to use a second e mail address and cc
your posts to that address, at least then you would see it

Best wishes Nivard Ovington, in Cornwall (UK)

Mori

Feb 13, 2009, 6:47:26 AM2/13/09
to cari...@rootsweb.com
Hello Nivard:

Thanks for the suggestion. I am trying it out.

Sonia

Mori

Feb 13, 2009, 7:44:20 AM2/13/09
to cari...@rootsweb.com
Hello Laura:

Thank you for your great tidbits. With all the repetition of names in the
family, I still need to do some work to ascertain if this is our John Parry
Farnum, Jr. Still, in the first citation, there is that connection to
Dargan (I assume Patrick Dargan) whose daughter later married the son of
John Parry Farnum.

It would be wonderful to read the complete articles.

Our family tree project has come together with amazing speed. I have never
seen anything like it. In just a couple of months the tree has grown from
155 people to almost 400. We have over 40 family members, actively involved
in adding details and using the internet to track down long-lost relatives.
Then there are others like you who have helped us to access great resources.

Thank you from the Farnums worldwide,
Sonia

>> St. Croix, Virgin Islands

NIKHIL...@rci.rogers.com

Mar 25, 2009, 3:28:51 PM3/25/09

Hi Sonia

I am the son of Margaret Farnum and Leslie Gonsalves .
Compton , Angela , John(who passed away at a young age) , Barbra ,
Bridgette , Donna , Michael, Francis, Jackie , Raymond and Joan are
my Aunts and Uncles
My Grandfather is Frank senior who lives in Canada , Frank Junior
lives in Fla.
My Great Gran father is William Cyril Farnum most people called him
Cyril who was Eustace Half brother They lived in Albertown .
Do you have a link to the Family Tree

Nikhil Farnum

C.M. Codrington

Mar 25, 2009, 8:53:42 PM3/25/09
to cari...@rootsweb.com
Sonia....which address did you want used for your subscription?

The vpowernet one is no longer in the list. Send me the address you wish to
use and I will set it up or....simply do the subscribe process again

Please advise

Cod

_____

.

07:16:00

Donna Aitken

Mar 26, 2009, 12:48:42 PM3/26/09
to cari...@rootsweb.com

Hi folks
I forgot to mention the MURRAYs in the roll call
My husbands gt gt grandmother Isabella Murray born c 1814 was born in St
Croix- father was James Murray- mother not known as yet. Isabella married
Alexander AITKEN born in Scotland in about 1831.
Her father James was a merchant in North St. Christianstaed- I found this
detail in the 1818 census

The St Croix 1818 census:

House No 1 North Street, Christainstaed 21st Nov 1818

White Inhabitance

Males: James Murray, James Patterson

Females Mrs Murray, Dorothy Shears- this is Robert Aitken's sister-in-law,
Ann Shears -this is Robert Aitken's future wife- they were married the
following year

Children:Daniel Shears,Isabella Murray- Alexander Aitken's future wife

Slaves:

Males :Joe, Jack

Females:Hannah,Minemia,Nana,Roinna,Addy

Alexander had three brothers also in the Virgin Islands- Robert a watchmaker
in Tortola married Ann SHEARS and Gordon a grocer in Fredericksted married
Margaret Mary Robertson ( whose father was killed in a duel by the infamous
HODGE)

Donna

the1...@gmail.com

Feb 18, 2013, 3:53:33 PM2/18/13
to Caribbean RootsWeb, cari...@rootsweb.com, CARIBBE...@rootsweb.com

the1...@gmail.com

Feb 18, 2013, 3:54:55 PM2/18/13
to Caribbean RootsWeb, cari...@rootsweb.com, CARIBBE...@rootsweb.com
On Wednesday, February 11, 2009 6:44:17 AM UTC-5, Mori wrote:
My Great Grandfather was Sydney Farnum. He married Mita Thornhill and they had 5 children: Deya, Daphne, Doris (my grandmother), Dolly and Richard.

Peter A Moll

Feb 18, 2013, 7:10:16 PM2/18/13
to cari...@rootsweb.com, the1...@gmail.com
Hi Sonia

Welcome back.

I am not familiar with any of those names, but can assure you that
your post has been circulated.
When it popped up on my screen I was in the middle of writing on my
Facebook wall about a trip to Christiansted for a family wedding just
over a week ago.

Regards

Peter Moll
Tortola, Virgin Islands (Br)

C.M.Codrington

Feb 18, 2013, 7:28:39 PM2/18/13
to cari...@rootsweb.com
Hi Sonia

I have no leads for you on the Farnum group but checked on
your subscription to the List.

You had no subscription with the current gmail account
listed and if you used another in the past, it is most
likely still there in any case I have signed you up on the
address you just used.
Please contact me directly to help me check on any old
addresses you were using.

A reminder to all Listers. If you wish to change addresses
you must first "unsubscribe" in the same fashion you once
"subscribed"
CARIBBEA...@rootsweb.com with the word 'unsubscribe'
without the quotes in the subject and the body of the
message from that address/server...To add your new address
send "subscribe" (minus quotes) from the address you will be
using.
If you are no longer able to sign on with an old
address....(gulp) contact chrisCod privately providing the
old address so I can remove it from the subscription list
Thanks
Cod

undercoverin...@gmail.com

Aug 30, 2013, 2:41:34 PM8/30/13
On Wednesday, February 11, 2009 6:44:17 AM UTC-5, Mori wrote:
On Wednesday, February 11, 2009 6:44:17 AM UTC-5, Mori wrote:
I am interested in the Trinidad Farnums; I am tracing the connection of Iris Parry Farnum, born about 1900.

sjaco...@stcroixlandmarks.com

May 26, 2014, 2:02:16 PM5/26/14

Chris Codrington

May 26, 2014, 8:13:11 PM5/26/14
to cari...@rootsweb.com
Hello Sonya

After reading your post I checked the subscription list and your address was
no longer there. The usual cause for this is an excessive number of bounces
from your address. Aol sometimes screens auto generated addresses like those
made by the RootsWeb mailer or ....if you have allowed your mailbox to
overflow it can also occur. In any case it should be straight for now. Any
problem in the future send me a note and Ill check it again
Regards
Chris Codrington

> [...]
>
> > additional information.
>

> > I would appreciate hearing from anyone on the list, even to let me know
that

> > this message has been posted.
>

> > There are other Farnums in Guyana that I would appreciate hearing
>
> > from/about:
>
> > Frank Farnum Sr. and Jr. who both worked at Guyana Pharmaceutical.
>
> > Frank Sr.嚙編 sister, Margaret Farnum who worked at Bookers - Guyana
Stores,

> > formerly married to Leslie Gonsalves (Guyana Stores Electrical Dept.
>
> > The children of Eustace Farnum嚙編 brother, _____ Farnum who lived in
>
> > Albouystown (Compton, Angela, John and 6 others)
>

> > Hoping to hear from one or many of you,
>
> > Sonia
>
> > St. Croix, Virgin Islands
>

> I am interested in the Trinidad Farnums; I am tracing the connection of

---

Kim Blahnik

Jul 9, 2014, 3:56:12 PM7/9/14
to cari...@rootsweb.com
Dear Sonia,
My great grandfather was Sydney Farnum. My great grandmother was Meta
Thornhill. Their daughter, Doris was my grandmother. Please let me know
what information you would like to obtain as my Uncle
has extensive information about the family.

Best,

Kimberly Blahnik

sjaco...@gmail.com

Aug 19, 2018, 7:57:07 AM8/19/18
Good Morning Laura:

Many thanks for your help! Were you able to actually access the text related to Farnums? I am only seeing a small part of page without Farnum name.

Sonia

sjaco...@stcroixlandmarks.com

Jan 20, 2020, 2:35:14 AM1/20/20
Hi Nikhil:

It has been a while since I checked the list. Please email me at sjdow at vipowernet dot net. I am communication with Jennifer Farnum-Roberts.

Sonia

sjaco...@stcroixlandmarks.com

Jan 20, 2020, 3:15:43 AM1/20/20
On Wednesday, February 11, 2009 at 9:49:25 PM UTC-4, lwa...@comcast.net wrote:
Happy New Year 2020 List Members!

I am still on the trail of the Guyana Farnum family, with ties to Trinidad and Barbados. I have been trying to find a copy of
The Law Journal Reports, Volume 59
in which the name John Parry Farnum appears. I would appreciate hearing from anyone that has access to a copy.

Regards,
Sonia

Colin Cornes

Nov 29, 2023, 9:33:23 AM11/29/23