[CARIBBEAN-L] MAILLARD Surname

roger v.

Mar 21, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/21/99
Michelle,
Sorry for the long wait. I've been recharging the batteries! I am
very much interested in ANY Maillard family details that you might
have.

Graciously,

Roger Vignale (viggy)
Mar 22, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/22/99
Are you aware of N. Doran Maillard of Great Britain who travelled to
Texas in 1840, spent six months there and then wrote a brief and
inaccurate "History" of Texas?
Leslie

> Register your surname or post a query at the CaribbeanGenWeb page!

M. Terrell

Mar 23, 1999, 3:00:00 AM3/23/99

Roger and others,

Here is the info I have for the MAILLARDs of St. Kitts and Nevis.
Hoepe this helps!

Sincerely,

Michelle Terrell

Ph.D. Candidate | Project Director
Department of Archaeology | Jewish Community of Nevis Archaeology Project
Boston University | http://www.tc.umn.edu/~terre011/Nevis.html

------------------

>From Nevis records:

A 1764 Nevis land record mentions an ELIZABETH MAILLARD.

WILLIAM WALWYN (WALLWIN) MAILLARD was a resident of Nevis
and appears in the Nevis public records from 1789 through 1815.
(see will of JOHN WALLWIN MAILLARD below)

In the Common Records of 1790-92 a JOHN WALLWIN MAILLARD of
St. Kitts is recorded. His will was entered in the Nevis Will
book of 1805-1818. Excerpts:

p. 79 JOHN WALLWIN MAILLARD, planter, brother JOHN DAVIS
MAILLARD of England, sister FRANCES DAVIS MAILLARD, brother
WILLIAM WALLWIN MAILLARD. Cousin MARGARET WALLWIN, cousin REBECCA
ELIZABETH MC NAMARA (sons William BEATTY and John BEATTY, husband
Captain Robert BEATTY), son JAMES MAILLARD, son JOHN WALLWIN
MAILLARD (both begotten of Sarah Symonds CHAPMAN, a meslee woman,
his housekeeper). December 31, 1807

>From Vere Langfor Olivers "More Monumental Inscriptions: Tombstones
of the British West Indies":

p. 163 On the south wall of St. John's, Capisterre, St. Kitts:

Sacred to the memory of HERIOT CAINES MAILLARD wife of WILLIAM
ANTHONY MAILLARD, Esq of this island who calmly resigned her soul
into the hand of her redeemer on the 2nd of August, 1825, aged
30 years.

Oliver's notes on this page include:

1839, Oct. 4. In this Town, on Sunday last, Mr. WILLIAM MAILLARD.
(St. Christopher's Gazette)

JEREMIAH MAILLARD of St. Christopher, gent. Will dated 28 Oct.,
1741. My wife CATHERINE and 5 children PETER, PHILIP, JOHN,
ABRAM AND MARY MAILLARD. My mother MARY MAILLARD. Sworn 4 Dec.,
1741 (St. Kitts' Records, No. 2260)

RICHARD RAWLINS born 1764, married 4 Sept., 1788, ELIZABETH
VANDERPOOL MAILLARD, born 1767, she was buried 3 Sept., 1835.

p. 170 On the north wall of St. Anne's, Sandy Point, St. Kitts:

Sacred to the memory of MARY, the wife of MICHAEL MAILLARD, Esq
of this island Merchant who departed this life September 2nd 1808
aged 52 years (Five verses of four lines each, signed JOHN MAILLARD).