Adoption in your family history?

1 view

Karen B

May 28, 2004, 2:49:10 PM5/28/04
I'm writing an article for a UK family history journal about adoption
records. I'm particularly interested in pre-legislation (1927)
adoption whether informal or arranged by a charity. If you have an
adoption in your family history, how has this affected your research
and how did you feel about it? Did you decide whether to research the
adoptive or natural line? Any information, insight or personal
experience concerning adoption would be very much appreciated and any
expenses reimbursed.
Many thanks.