Long missing soldiers grave identified-ABW

Chris Roux

May 15, 2004, 7:18:32 AM5/15/04
Quite recently I have been able to identify the identity of a soldier
mortally wounded in a battle on my farm in the Anglo-Boer War.

He is ;
Pte. G. Brown
Worcestershire Regiment.
Killed in action February 1900
Buried on Ramah Farm

How is it possible to trace relatives to inform them of the find and
confirmation of the location of his grave?

I would very much like to attempt to do this.

Lesley Robertson

May 17, 2004, 4:01:15 AM5/17/04

"Chris Roux" <chri...@icon.co.za> wrote in message

Start by sending your message to a live group. This one was sent to the
great internet in the sky years ago, and only shows up on a few ISPs that
don't clean up their lists (and mine because I asked them to keep it). This
group was once too active to be manageable, and so it was split into
soc.genealogy.britain and soc.genealogy.ireland, both of which are VERY
active.
In your place, I would also send a message to the Worcester Family History
Society (their contact info should be on Genuki http://www.genuki.org.uk/ )
and the Regiment (who have a web site here
http://www.regiments.org/milhist/uk/inf/029Worcs.htm ), that way, even if
you can't find his biological family, at least his military family will know
where he is.
Lesley Robertson
(who had family on both sides in that conflict)