1851 census

Peter Leakey

Oct 4, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/4/00
Does anyone know if it is possible to buy CDs of the 1851 census which cover
Middlesex,or any part of London, and if so from where.

Many thanks

Peter

Andrea Barnes

Oct 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/5/00
You could contact the local history society concerned but I very much doubt
it. The only CD for 1851 is produced by the Latter Day Saints. It covers
Birmingham,Norfolk and Devon and was done as a "test piece".
Do you have an LDS research room near to you? They have all the areas on
microfiche.
Peter Leakey <Peter....@btinternet.com> wrote in message

Eve McLaughlin

Oct 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM10/5/00
I om>, Peter Leakey <Peter....@btinternet.com> writes

>Does anyone know if it is possible to buy CDs of the 1851 census which cover
>Middlesex,or any part of London, and if so from where.

No - there are printed and fiche census indexes for various areas, from
fairly full in parts of Bethnal Green to a minimal surname/folio
elsewhere, but no one has, to my knowledge, pucblished any full
transcriptions, and certain not on CD
--
Eve McLaughlin

Secretary Bucks Genealogical Society