Help with Genealogical research

BT

Oct 19, 2002, 10:57:08 AM10/19/02
I am searching for the parents of an ancestor, William Stuart Tyner, who was
born in Albany, NY on March 6 1869 and died in 1944. The problem is, the
courthouse in Albany burned down in 1870 and they don't have birth records.
Also, census searches at the New York Public Library haven't turned up
anything. Apparently, one or both of his parents were Irish immigrants. If
anyone could give me some tips on what my next step in this research should
be, please let me know.

Nan

Oct 28, 2002, 1:40:50 AM10/28/02
"BT" <bent...@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<8pes9.9979$Pk1....@nwrddc02.gnilink.net>...

Hi BT - Are there not records with the State? Perhaps either vital
stats or the Health Dept? I know that NYC records are held in the
boroughs, but the State records are held in Albany, at other than the
courthouse. It's been a long time since I was doing NY research,
sorry, so I'm not sure where you should check. But those two State
agencies might be of use. Best of luck! - Nan

William Earl Haskell

Nov 22, 2002, 11:31:35 PM11/22/02

I might suggest checking the US Census for 1870 - indexes exist for the
year in question, though I don't know if you have access to the same
where you are.

dennis beausoleil

Dec 8, 2002, 4:54:13 AM12/8/02
William Earl Haskell <for...@hal-pc.org> wrote in message news:<3DDF04A7...@hal-pc.org>...
The 1920 census shows that his father was from ireland and mother from england.

jugiegene

Dec 26, 2002, 10:05:59 AM12/26/02
There is a William Tyner listed in the 1880 NY Census in Troy, NY.
Born in 1852, he is a printer and listed with his wife Emma and
daughter Mabel b. 1878.
Emma was born in 1851 in Canada.

There are also listings for the family of a William J. Tyner in the
same city but these may be cousins.