How to know more about my gran-father's life in USA (1893-1914) ?

Jean-François Barbier

Nov 30, 2002, 11:18:22 AM11/30/02

Hello everybody,

I'm looking for any information about my gran-father family.

Michele LeConche was born in New York on march 2, 1894, and his
parents Pietro LeConche and Caterina Alfarano came from Italy in
1893. I already got Michele's birth certificate from the NY city
department of records who states that they lived 419 E 12 street and
were given the name Laconca when they arrived. I also know that he
enroled for the war of Mexico, spent some time in Alcatraz (4th
Q.G.) in 1914 before it became a federal prison and also
participated to the first world war (as LeConche), during which he
met my gran-mother here in France.

Could anybody give me more information about their life in USA, or
ideas about the way to know more.

Thanking you in advance.

Jean-Francois Barbier

"Jean-François Barbier" <barb...@club-internet.fr>