BUHLINGER Simon; Baden,DEU>MI,USA; 1817-1882

Jim Bellenger

Jun 10, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/10/99
BUHLINGER Simon; Baden,DEU>MI,USA; 1817-1882

I am searching for information on Simon Buhlinger and his wife Catherine.
Simon was born in Baden, Germany on 15 Feb 1817. He and his wife moved to
Bainbridge, Berrien County, Michigan in the 1840s. Simon died in Bainbridge on
17 Mar 1882.

Simon was my 3 great grandfather. His son Joseph changed the family name to
Bellenger.

Jim Bellenger
bell...@mvp.net

LizUpatree

Jun 11, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/11/99
Re: BUHLINGER Simon; Baden,DEU>MI,USA; 1817-1882

I have Bullingers who came from the area of Schifferstadt and Iggleheim,
Germany (Bavaria?)

Elizabeth BULLINGER (dau. of Ludvig) was born in 1825. She married Johanne
Georg MAURER and came to southern Michigan about 1850. (Her American records,
I think, spell her name as Bolenger.)

The children of Ludvig BULLINGER and his wife, Maria Catherina MAKLE, were:

Elizabeth b. 1825
Jacob Balthasar b. 1829
Margaretha b. 1831
Maria Eva b. 1832
Barbara b. 1836
Michael b. 1837
Frederick b. 1840
Maria Felicitas b. 1841
Heinrich b. 1845

Ludvig's parents (Georg BULLINGER & Sara KLOS) had the following children:

Eva Elizabeth b. 1794
Johanne Valentine b. 1795
Maria Magdalena b. 1796
Ludvig b. ca 1798?

I have not done much research on them, but know that there are records of other
Bullingers in the area. I seem to recall seeing a Simon, but have no notes...

Good luck
Liz
lizup...@aol.com (LizUpatree)

Flache Tilo

Jun 12, 1999, 3:00:00 AM6/12/99
Re: BUHLINGER Simon; Baden,DEU>MI,USA; 1817-1882

Hello Liz!

I cannot directly help you with your ancestors (sorry for that), but I can at least tell you where they are from. Schifferstadt and Iggelheim are two little towns just around 10 miles to the north
(Schifferstadt) and northeast (Iggelheim) of the town of Speyer in Germany.

This is NOT in Bavaria, but in the German region of Rheinland-Pfalz. Historically, this region used to be part of the Kingdom of Bavaria, but it is quite far from the modern region called Bavaria.
Look for Speyer on an atlas: it's just south of Mannhein, on the left bank of the river Rhine.

Hope this helps you a bit,

Tilo

tilo....@pandora.be@telenet-ops.be