GANNON Margaret; DUB,IRL>NSW,AUS; 1835-1840

Barry Metz

Jun 15, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/15/00
GANNON Margaret; DUB,IRL>NSW,AUS; 1835-1840

hello
I'm trying to identify a Margaret GANNON who arrived in NSW Australia
between 1834 and 1840. I know that she was in NSW in 1840 as her marriage
to Hugh CONLAN is recorded. As I know of no other identifying particulars I
must assume that she was born sometime between 1817 and 1824. Hugh CONLAN
was transported as a convict in the early 1830s to NSW so I am assuming that
either they or their families knew each other in Ireland and that when Hugh
got his ticket of Leave and notice of Conditional Pardon in the late 1830s
then arrangements were made for Margaret GANNON and possibly some of her
family to emigrate to Australia namely Berrima NSW. The name William GANNON
is possible that of Margaret's Brother
--
Barry Metz

--