MENKEL Anton; Darmstadt,DEU>NY,USA; 1852

Lane...@aol.com

Jun 19, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/19/00
MENKEL Anton; Darmstadt,DEU>NY,USA; 1852

Anton MENKEL, born Darmstadt area circa 1818. Arrived 18 June 1852, in New
York on the S.S. Argo from Liverpool, England. Listed as age 34, laborer.

He married Agnes LAUTENSCHLAEGER (from Prussia) December 1869 at the First
German Presbyterian Church, Rivington St., New York City, New York.

1880 NY census shows Anton age 60 and Agnes age 36 living at E. 14th St., NYC
with Antonia-8, Anthony-6, Jennie (Johanna) and Maggie (Margarethe)-4 and
William-2.

Named Captain in the US Volunteers 20 August 1861.

Son Willi lived in Mt. Vernon, NY, remained single.
Margaret lived with her mother (Agnes) in Mt. Vernon, remained single.
Antonia married Mr. Fineran and had two sons.
Jennie married Edward Meury and had two sons, Edward Jr. and ____.
Son Anthony Martin Menkel married Marguerite Strong - my grandparents.

I have absolutely no information on Anton's or Agnes's families in Germany.
Nor do I have any information on the Finerans or Meurys.

Please respond to newsgroup or Lane...@aol.com

Claire Menkel Benet