FRANSSEN; Weener,Han,DEU>Freeport, IL,USA>NE,USA; 1811-

DBaker1515

Jun 19, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/19/00
FRANSSEN; Weener,Han,DEU>Freeport, IL,USA>NE,USA; 1811-

I am searching for any information on the following Franssen line:

My GG Grandfather was Herman Johan FRANSSEN born November 3, 1833 in Weener,
Germany. He married Martha Francis KUIPER (born in 1843) in about 1860. They
came to the US in 1872. Their first known place of settlement was in Freeport,
IL where my G Grandfather, Henry FRANSSEN, was born, in 1873. Herman J. and
Martha were the parents of 9 children.

In 1880-1881 they moved West to Central Nebraska making it their permanent
home.

Herman J.'s parents were probably, Johan FRANSSEN and Anna TEPEN. Anna was
born in 1811 and died in 1900. I have not been able to prove their
relationship, but all records and documents strongly suggest this.

Herman J. possibly had two sisters; Jacobina married to Martin GOTTSLEBEN and
Maria married to William KUIPER.

Any information would be appreciated. I will gladly share what info I have.
Please e-mail me at DBake...@aol.com