Surname Drabik

Michael Drabik

Dec 8, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/8/99
Am interested in hearing from anyone who has Drabiks in their trees. My
dziadzia Drabik was born in Zawadka in the lisko area of old Austrian
Galicja, now southeast Poland.
He had two brothers, Jozef in Buffalo, Michal in Zawadka, later deported to
the Ukraine and a sister Anna Drabik Karaczkowska also in Buffalo.

Michaela Weberova

Dec 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/14/99
Hi Michael,

I am not quite sure whether the Polish meaning of 'Drabik' would be similar to
the Czech one, however 'drab' used to be (very much in the 18th - 19th
century) a high degree of a 'local' soldier, or even today's policeman...

I hope someone else will reply to this - just to confirm that I am right/wrong
;o)

I hope this may help - Best of luck otherwise,

Michaela

jane...@gmail.com

Jun 10, 2017, 7:04:16 PM6/10/17
I have Drabiks in my tree from Zawadka...check out Kokolus.com!