David Dowell's Blog and Google Friend Connect

bob gillis

Jun 3, 2012, 4:51:20 PM6/3/12

I borrowed a book, Crash Coarse on Genealogy by David R Dowell from my library
system. While part of a series directed at librarians it has excellent
information on genealogical sources and the best article on genealogical DNA I
ahve found.

Dowell has a blog, http://blog.ddowell.com/ which runs on Google Friend
Connect. this Social Networking Script service is similar to Facebook and
others but is restricted to blogs.
See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_Friend_Connect.
I do not belong to Face book or other networking sites. and have no interest
in them. Has anyone experience with Google Friend Connect? It seems benign to
me.

I do belong to a Google group but the owner kicked me off when I complained to
him about the soft porn links that were cluttering up my temp files

The community club for the lake that I live on recently changed to Google
Groups but never asked me to created a GG account.

bob gillis

bob gillis <robert...@verizon.net>

Steve Hayes

Jun 5, 2012, 12:30:28 AM6/5/12

> I borrowed a book, Crash Coarse on Genealogy by David R Dowell from my library
> system. While part of a series directed at librarians it has excellent
> information on genealogical sources and the best article on genealogical DNA I
> have found.
>
> bob gillis <robert...@verizon.net>

Is it really called that?

--