RE: Viewing the 1940 Census Pages

Lisa Lepore

Apr 24, 2012, 4:49:54 PM4/24/12

> Steve Morse's Unified 1940 Census ED Finder found at
> http://stevemorse.org/census/unified.html
> has several viewer choices: NARA, FamilySearch, Ancestry, MyHeritage and
> Family Link
>
> What impressions do readers have of the various viewers
>
> bob gillis <robert...@verizon.net>

Hi Bob,

I think I have used them all now except the familySearch viewer.

The census at myheritage is free. You don't have to register. In addition,
they have some indexing done, including RI so that's great for me. Familylink
was purchased by myheritage. You can search at familylink for free also - no
registration required, but I didn't see a place to enlarge the census sheet to
full screen.

I like the viewer at ancestry.com because they have a navigation arrow on the
top of the sheet. It makes it easy to scroll down the page quickly if you are
only looking for the street name.

I hadn't used the familysearch.org site, so it's good to know you can rotate
the sheet there.

Lisa
lle...@comcast.net