Re: 1. Swedish GNIS? (singhals); 2. Another hypothetical (singhals)

已查看 6 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

ka7suz

未读,
2012年9月16日 14:38:532012/9/16
收件人

At 12:00 AM 9/3/2012, you wrote:

> Is there a Swedish version of the GNIS?
>
> I've got a word in the place-field and I have NO way of telling whether it's a
> parish (or several parishes) or a town.

You have put the place name into your browser to see if Wiki has anything?

> Message: 2
>
> Subject: [GM] Another hypothetical

> [snip]

> This is cited in my sources as
> "[hisname][date] Private Communication".
>
> He has now posted the same info at Find-a-Grave. The F-A-G info includes
> persons who have died since our correspondence. I've copied that data into my
> file and sourced it as "findagrave.com"
>
> I have also found some of it at the state's death-record site, and that is
> sourced as "[state] on-line deaths"
>
> In sharing this information in the future, though, do I pass on all three
> sources?

I would. If you have privacy concerns for the earliest informant, you should
be able to exclude the contributors personal data from public displays, but
for my own information, I'd want to know the history of who and where I got
all of the data. Presuming, of course, you found more information, or drew
conclusions based on that '1990-something' information.

JoAnn

ka7suz <ka7...@concentric.net>

singhals

未读,
2012年9月16日 16:29:322012/9/16
收件人

ka7suz wrote:

> At 12:00 AM 9/3/2012, you wrote:
>
> > Is there a Swedish version of the GNIS?
> >
> > I've got a word in the place-field and I have NO way of telling whether it's a
> > parish (or several parishes) or a town.
>
> You have put the place name into your browser to see if Wiki has anything?

Well, it had something, it didn't feel like showing it to me.

> > Message: 2
> >
> > Subject: [GM] Another hypothetical
>
> > [snip]
>
> > This is cited in my sources as
> > "[hisname][date] Private Communication".
> >
> > He has now posted the same info at Find-a-Grave. The F-A-G info includes
> > persons who have died since our correspondence. I've copied that data into my
> > file and sourced it as "findagrave.com"
> >
> > I have also found some of it at the state's death-record site, and that is
> > sourced as "[state] on-line deaths"
> >
> > In sharing this information in the future, though, do I pass on all three
> > sources?
>
> I would. If you have privacy concerns for the earliest informant, you should
> be able to exclude the contributors personal data from public displays, but
> for my own information, I'd want to know the history of who and where I got
> all of the data. Presuming, of course, you found more information, or drew
> conclusions based on that '1990-something' information.

Thanks.

singhals <sing...@erols.com>
0 个新帖子