Bishop of Utrecht and an ancestor

Leo van de Pas

May 2, 2005, 12:36:17 AM5/2/05
Guy d'Avesnes, 1253-1317
On 5 August 1301 he was elected Bishop of Utrecnt, never married he had several illegitimate children.

He is an ancestor of Peter de Loriol, Andrew MacEwen and Kelsey Williams

Gateway ancestors descending from him
Maria de Carpentier, Archibald Dunlop, Colin Drummond, Andrew Monroe, Lady Christina Stewart, John Orr, Sarah Blair, Sir Alexander Nisbet, James Cuthbert, Robert Baillie, James Dundas, Thomas Dundas, James Murray and George Alexander Mckay

Franklin Delano Roosevelt, Eleanor Roosevelt, Hugh Grant, Rachel Ward, Brooke Shields,
Queen Elizabeth II, the Duke of Edinburgh, Lady Diana Spencer, Sarah Fergusib, Sophie Rhys-Jones, Queen Margrethe II of Denmark, King Carl XVI Gustaf of Swedeb, Harald V of Norway, Juan Carlos of Spain, Beatrix of the Netherlands

Hope this is of interest.
Best wishes
Leo van de Pas
Canberra, Australia

D. Spencer Hines

May 2, 2005, 2:14:59 AM5/2/05
Nope.

FDR and those others listed with him are hardly Gateway Ancestors, Leo.

Do get your basic genealogical terminology straight.

DSH

""Leo van de Pas"" <leov...@netspeed.com.au> wrote in message

Peter Stewart

May 2, 2005, 4:14:24 AM5/2/05
Leo will not see this message from one of his kill-filees until someone else
copies it in a reply - it is surly obvious enough that the second group
shoud have been captioned as "descendants" rather than "ancestors".

Sarah Fergusib, of course, may be the fourth weird sister for all I know, or
maybe a concubine of the king of Swedeb. We all have days like that, Leo.

Peter Stewart

"D. Spencer Hines" <pogue...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

D. Spencer Hines

May 2, 2005, 2:54:32 PM5/2/05
Yep.

'Twas quite sloppy of Leo.

That should be "surely obvious" -- there was nothing in the least surly
about my post.

Sloppiness in Genealogy leads to Confusion -- leads to Pratfall.

Hmmmmmm...

Is Sweded [sic] in the U.N.?

DSH

"Peter Stewart" <p_m_s...@msn.com> wrote in message

| Leo will not see this message from one of his kill-filees until
someone else

| copies it in a reply - it is surly [sic] obvious enough that the
second group
| shoud [sic] have been captioned as "descendants" rather than
"ancestors".

Indeed. But there was no caption of ancestors per se -- the caption was
GATEWAY ANCESTORS. Vide infra.

| Sarah Fergusib, of course, may be the fourth weird sister for all I
know, or

| maybe a concubine of the king of Swedeb. [sic] We all have days like

Peter Stewart

May 2, 2005, 6:21:22 PM5/2/05

> Yep.
>
> 'Twas quite sloppy of Leo.
>
> That should be "surely obvious" -- there was nothing in the least surly
> about my post.

Just as obviously I didn't mean to write "surly" (an adjective) instead of
"surely" (an adverb) - this was yet another typo. I don't find it "sloppy"
to commit these errors, as everyone does who posts regularly, since we are
merely participating in a newsgroup discussion & not preparing texts for
publication.

Peter Stewart

Hans Vogels

May 9, 2005, 3:13:06 AM5/9/05
Leo,

Just back from Cyprus I noticed this post looking through the messages
on the newsgroup. It's like a statement without further info. Do you
infer descent from a special daughter or from more. What inspired you
to make the post? I am currently researching that period in het
"Sticht Utrecht".

I recently posted on a Dutch newsgroup on the fact that there was such
a large time period between the first mentioning of the marriage of
two of his daughters and the first mentioning of a married next
generation. I was inclined to post a question on this newsgroup on the
subject of the (legal) marriage age:

12 Years as being the minimal marriage age of a girl.
7 Years as being the minimal age of consent of a future marriage
partner to a proposed marriage betrothel.

Can a girl between the age of 7 and 12 already be called the wife of
her (future) husband?

Or do we have to assume that the age of 12 years is the minimal age
for such a mentioning?

Furthermore the mentioning of being married does not have to imply
that the marriage was already consumed?

The possibility that the natural daughters were between 7-12 years
when they were first mentioned as being the wife would explain the
fact of the large time span between their marriage and the mentioning
of the first married (eldest) daughter from those marriages.

With regards,
Hans Vogels