Orsini/De La Chapelle

Andre Sijnesael

Feb 11, 2021, 12:30:14 AM2/11/21
In the pedigree of my children there is Baudouin de la Chapelle, died after Sept. 8, 1454. seigneur de Roseau, married Marguerite de Wally, dame de Roseau.

However I'm always carefull with Geneanet-data, there are several entries about this Baudouin de la Chapelle being a son of Trolle Orsini, from the Italian Ursini of Orsini family.
According to this Geneanet-data he was Seigneur of La Chapelle.

I can't find any sources about Trolle being Seigneur de La Chapelle or being father of Baudouin de la Chapelle.

Does anyone know more about this?

Best regards,

André Sijnesael
The Netherlands

wjhonson

Feb 11, 2021, 9:54:58 AM2/11/21

Andre Sijnesael

Feb 12, 2021, 4:20:16 PM2/12/21
Op donderdag 11 februari 2021 om 15:54:58 UTC+1 schreef wjhonson:
Thank you! Unfortunately I can't open this book in The Netherlands.

pj.ev...@gmail.com

Feb 12, 2021, 5:00:46 PM2/12/21
It shows two snippets from the book, as follows:

p 36
Denis de Le Cappelle, marchand, bourgeois de Tournai, second fils de Bauduin, seigneur du Roseau, à Avelin, et de Marie Le Saige, eut de Jeanne Cauchielle, sa maîtresse, un fils naturel, Lion de la Chapelle, à qui il legua son fief de Beaufayt. Il mourut à Tournai le 18 aout 1555. -- Lion, batard de la Chapelle, seigneur de Beaufayt, maieur des echevins de Trounai, epouse Helene Le Cappellier, fille de Hugues et de Marguerite d'Authie. Il mourut en 1574, laissant:
1 Frederic, seigneur du Petit-Buillemont, à Herinnes;

p 44
-- Bauduin de La Chapelle, seigneur du Roseau, epousa, en premiers noces, Agnes du Bosquel, dame de Pelegrin, fille de Martin et de Marie du Gus. Leur fils aine Jean III de La Chapelle, ecuyer, seigneur de Pelegrin et du Roseau, vendit ce dernier fief qui fut retrait par sa tante Antoinette de La Chapelle, en 1583. La Chapelle portrait _de gueules a la coix ancree d'or, cantonnee de quatre annelets de meme_.
Antoinette de La Chapelle, dame du Roseau, etait fille de Jean II et de sa cinquieme epouse Catherine du Pret, dame de la Fremaudrie,

Enno Borgsteede

Feb 13, 2021, 7:06:08 AM2/13/21
Op 12-02-2021 om 23:00 schreef pj.ev...@gmail.com:
OK, thanks. Here in The Netherlands, it says "no preview available", so these snippets are nog available for us. They may be avaiable when I try a VPN.

J. Sardina

Feb 14, 2021, 2:01:49 PM2/14/21
Hello,

The pages can be seen in the US, but there seem to be two names mentioned in the copy, La Capelle and La Chapelle. Do they correspond to the same family? or could they be misprints? Sometimes when we copy from Google books into text, some letters are changed, but in this case the original page does say La Capelle and La Chapelle.

Also, there is not much else about the first Baudouin, but some genealogies in Geneanet give him a sister named Helena, who is said to have married Raoul III de Coucy. That might be a mistake but perhaps it might be possible to find some information about that line.

Good luck,
J. Sardina