Aimeri de Narbonne

Leo van de Pas

Aug 14, 2003, 9:30:42 AM8/14/03
Before 1265 Sybille de Foix married Aimery Vicomte de Narbonne.

Does anyone know whether he was Aimery IV or Aimery VI and can anyone help me with his ancestor list?

Many thanks
Leo van de Pas

Nathaniel Taylor

Aug 14, 2003, 11:52:02 AM8/14/03
In article <027c01c36266$6f591080$78f4fea9@old>,

leov...@bigpond.com (Leo van de Pas) wrote:

> Before 1265 Sybille de Foix married Aimery Vicomte de Narbonne.
>
> Does anyone know whether he was Aimery IV or Aimery VI and can anyone help
> me with his ancestor list?

I don't have info. on the Lara viscounts of Narbonne handy. This Aimery
has both Castilian and Septimanian ancestry. Back in 1998 there was an
exchange on s.g.m. about the earlier viscounts of Narbonne. See:

http://www.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&selm=3517CAF0.1D66%40po.c
wru.edu

[mind the wrap], a post by Todd,

and my post to which he replied, outlining the agnate line of the
viscounts of Narbonne before the famous viscountess Ermengard (d. 1196)
who passed the title to her nephew Pedro Manrique de Lara, who is
grandfather or great-grandfather of the one you're interested in. I'm
sure others can post the Lara-Narbonne lineage and connections in the
13th century.

Nat Taylor

http://home.earthlink.net/~nathanieltaylor/

Brent Miller

Aug 15, 2003, 12:20:43 AM8/15/03
According to Pere Anselm (Vol. VII, p. 763) it was Aymery VI (d. 1299). See
http://geneweb.inria.fr/roglo?lang=en;m=N;v=de+narbonne for an account of
the family that is consistant with Pere Anselm.

Brent Miller

"Leo van de Pas" <leov...@bigpond.com> wrote in message

Brent Miller

Aug 15, 2003, 12:27:09 AM8/15/03
You can go directly to Pere Anslem at:
http://gallica.bnf.fr/scripts/ConsultationTout.exe?E=0&O=N076083

"Brent Miller" <mill...@comcast.net> wrote in message

Thierry Stasser

Aug 16, 2003, 1:41:15 PM8/16/03
dans l'article 027c01c36266$6f591080$78f4fea9@old, Leo van de Pas à
leov...@bigpond.com a écrit le 14/08/03 15:30 :

Aimery IV of Narbonne married Sibylle, dau of Roger IV count of Foix and
Brunissende of Cardonna
He died in october 1298, and was the son of Amaury I,viscount of narbonne,
by Philippa, dau of Pierre Bermond of Sauve and Anduze, and Gauceranne of
Poitiers

Amaury I of Narbonne was the second son of Aimery III by his 2nd wife
Marguerite, dau of Mathieu of Montmorency, lord of Marly, and Mathilde of
Garlande

Aimery III of Narbonne was the son of Pierre Manrique of Lara, viscount of
narbonne, by his 1st wife sancia, dau of King Garcia V of Navarra, and his
2nd wife Sancia of Castilla

Pierre Manrique of Lara was the 2nd son of Manrique Perez of Lara by
Ermessinde, 2nd dau of Viscount Aimery II of Narbonne

Viscount Aimery II of Narbonne had by his first wife Ermengarde a son,
Aimery, who died young, and a daughter, Ermengarde, who inherited Narbonne.
By his 2nd wife Ermessinde, he had another daughter, Ermessinde, mar to
Manrique Perez of Lara

Viscount Aimery II was the eldest son of viscount Aimery I of Narbonne by
his wife Mathilde, 2nd daughter of Robert Guiscard of hauteville, duke of
Apulia and Calabria, prince of Salerno and duke of Amalfi, by his 2nd wife
Sichelgaita, dau of Prince Gaimar IV of Salerno by his 2nd wife Gemma, dau
of a count Laidulf, presumably of Teano

Aimey I of Narbonne was the son of Viscount Bernard Berenger by his wife
Fides, who may have been the dau of Count Hugues of Rouergue

Bernard Berenger of Narbonne was the 2nd son of Viscount Berenger by
garsinde, dau of Count Bernard I of Besalu and Tota/Adelaide, presumably dau
of Raymond count of Toulouse and Adelaide of Anjou

Berenger of Narbonne was the son of Viscount Raymond I of Narbonne by his
wife Ricarda, presumably dau of Berenger I of Millau

Raymond I of Narbonne was the son of Viscount Matfred by his wife Adelaide,
dau of Arnaud count of Carcassonne and Arsinde of Rouergue

Matfred of Narbonne was the son of viscount Eudes by his wife Richilde, dau
of Guifred II of Barcelona and his wife Garsinde

Eudes of narbonne was the son of viscount Franco by his wife Arsinde,
presumably dau of either Raymond I of Toulouse and his wife Bertheiz, or of
Eudes of Toulouse and his wife Garsinde

I hope this helps

Thierry