Marilyn Monroe's royal descents

Paulo Ricardo Canedo

Jun 22, 2022, 12:25:06 PM6/22/22
Recently, a DNA study proved Marilyn Monroe's father was Charles Stanley Gifford. Thus, she has several royal descents from Edward I, see Ed Mann's lines at Mark Humphrys's genealogy site at https://humphrysfamilytree.com/Royal/Mann/marilyn.txt.

JBrand

Jun 22, 2022, 1:45:56 PM6/22/22
On Wednesday, June 22, 2022 at 12:25:06 PM UTC-4, Paulo Ricardo Canedo wrote:
> Recently, a DNA study proved Marilyn Monroe's father was Charles Stanley Gifford. Thus, she has several royal descents from Edward I, see Ed Mann's lines at Mark Humphrys's genealogy site at https://humphrysfamilytree.com/Royal/Mann/marilyn.txt.

The lines through the two Marburys are correct, but the line through Cornell is not.

Will Johnson

Jun 22, 2022, 4:20:01 PM6/22/22
I have to say I'm suspicious of the claim that a rootless hair had DNA extracted and proved her relationship with this family.

It was reported in a magazine, by a film producer. So that's suspect right there.
Who was the lab? How did they extract the DNA? Where is the scientific paper?

Paulo Ricardo Canedo

Jun 22, 2022, 11:23:38 PM6/22/22
I actually saw this on Portuguese news, so it appears pretty credible if the story got that far.

pj.ev...@gmail.com

Jun 22, 2022, 11:26:21 PM6/22/22
That isn't a sign of credibility. It's because she's still famous, nearly 60 years after she died.

Paulo Ricardo Canedo

Jun 22, 2022, 11:42:44 PM6/22/22
I know, but I am sure most people don't even know about the controversy about Marilyn Monroe's father.
Regardless, Charles Stanley Gifford was long one of the candidates for her father. Marilyn Monroe, herself, appears to have believed he was her father.

Paulo Ricardo Canedo

Jun 23, 2022, 8:49:26 AM6/23/22
A quarta-feira, 22 de junho de 2022 à(s) 21:20:01 UTC+1, wjhons...@gmail.com escreveu:
According to https://variety.com/2022/tv/global/marilyn-monroe-documentary-charles-stanley-gifford-mediawan-1235222789/, the DNA research was conductes by Ludovic Orlando, an expert in molecular archaeology working in Southern France.