Wyncelow/Throckmorton

Kathi

Aug 9, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/9/97

I have THOMAS WYNCELOW being married to AGNES THROCKMORTON. Every
one else is showing John as her busband.
I did find a Thomas William Wynslow on a WFT CD.

My source is 'The Denison Genealogy' by E. Glenn, Josephine Middleton
Peck, and Donald L. Jocabus. printed 1963. page 571

Here is what is printed exactly:

AGNES THROCKMORTON b THOMAS WYNSLOW (ref; "Throckmorton Family" pub
1930, p 48 and "The Wynslow Family" by G. Andrews Moriarty, in
"Miscellanea Genealogica at Heraldica" 1926).

Does anyone have any other references to this?

Would also like to find sibs of both Agnes and Thomas/John.

1 AGNES THROCKMORTON b: Abt. 1420 in Coughton, Warwickshire, England
+THOMAS WYNCELOW
2 AGNES WYNSLOW
+JOHN GIFFARD b: in of Twyford, Co. Buckingham, England
3 THOMAS GIFFARD b: in of Twyford, Co. Buckingham, England
d: October 10, 1511

Kathi (kat...@mindport.net)

G . EDWARD ALLEN

Aug 9, 1997, 3:00:00 AM8/9/97

It is indeed Thomas Wynslowe who married Agnes Throckmorton.

Thomas W. may have had a younger brother, unnamed, who settled in
Worcestershire, and may have been an ancestor of the Mayflower Edward
Winslow. MGH series 5, vol. 6:134.

Moriarty as above p. 226 or 227 gives Agnes the following siblings:

Sir Thomas Throckmorton, b. 1412; d. ca 1473; = Margaret, dau. & h. of
Sir Robert Olney of Weston, Bucks.

John Throckmorton of Lone, Gloucestershire; a Lancastrian; beheaded at
Hereford with Owen Tudor in 1460; = Isabel, dau. & h. Edward Brugge,
Esq., of Lone.

Elizabeth = Robert Russell.

Margaret = John Rous.

Mary = Robert Giffard.

Maud = Thomas Greene of Northamptonshire.

Eleanor = Richard Knightly.

I know of nothing later than Moriarty's article in the NEHGR 98:111
etseq. Moriarty is considered a fairly reliable source.

Kay Allen all...@pacbell.net