Descendants Alfonso VI - improved and extended

Leo van de Pas

Sep 23, 2007, 8:07:49 AM9/23/07
to GEN-MED...@rootsweb.com
Thanks to Todd Farmerie more information has become available. Thanks to ES I have been able to add some details.

Alfonso VI 'the Brave', King of Castile 1072-1109, King of Leon 1065-1109
born about 1039, died 30 June 1109 Toledo, buried Sahagun Monastery
married (1) 1069 Agnes de Poitou, born about 1059, died 1080, daughter of Guillaume VI-VIII de Poitou, Duke of Aquitaine & Mathilde/Mateoda
married (2) before 8 May 1080 Constance de Bourgogne, widow of Hugues II comte de Chalon-sur-Saone, born about 1046, died between 2 September 1093 and 25 October 1093, daughter of Robert I, Duke of Burgundy, and Helie de Semur-en-Brionnais
married (3) about 28 April 1095 Bertha, died before 15 January 1100
married (4) Zaida (Isabel/Elisabeth) 'of Seville', widow of Fath al-Mmamun of Cordoba, she was alive in 1107
married (5) Beatrice, she was of French origin and returned to France. WHEN DID ALFONSO MARRY HER? Zaida is alive in 1107, Alfonso VI died June 1109, this does not give much room for this marriage.

Children :
by Jimena Munoz
1. Elvira of Castile and Leon, she married (1) in 1094 Raimond V, Count of Toulouse, he died 28 February 1105 Mont Pelerin near Tripoli,
son of Pons II Guillaume, Count of Toulouse and Almodis de La Marche; (2) Fernando Fernandez
children :
1st marriage
a.Alfonse Jourdain, Count of Toulouse, born 1102 Mont Pelerin near Tripoli, murdered 16 April 1148 Caesarea
married before 16 September 1125 Faydiva d'Uzes,
children
1.Raymond V, Count of Toulouse, born 1134, died 1194 Nimes, married 1154 Divorced/separated 1165 Constance de France, widow of
Eustace IV, Count of Boulogne (son of King Stephen de Blois), born circa 1124/1128, died 16 August 1176 Rheims, daughter of
Louis VI, king of France and Adele de Savoie
Four legitimate children, one bastard
2.Alphons de Toulouse, mentioned 1155/1171
3.Faydiva de Toulouse died (1154) married 1151 Humbert/Umberto Count of Savoie
illegitimate
4.Pons buried in Nimes Cathedral
5.Bertrand, as a crusader was captured in 1159
6.(daughter) married Bernardo III Count de Comminges mentioned 1153/1176 (at least one son)
7.(daughter) married Nurrhedin of Aleppo and Damascus (Muslim ? did they have children ?)
2nd marriage
b.Diego Fernandez
c.Garcia Fernandez
d.Teresa Fernandez, married Count Osorio Martinez
2. Teresa of Castile and Leon, died 1 November 1130, married Henri, Count of Portugal, born about 1069, died 1 November 1112, son of
Henri de Bourgogne and (Sibylle ?) of Barcelona. She had an affaire with Fernando Peres de Trava
children
1.Affonso Henriques, born circa 1094, died before 1110
2.Urracca Henriques, born circa 1096, died after 1130, married before 1120 Bermudo Peres de Trava, Conde de Trastamara (children ?)
3.(Henrique) born circa 1106, died before 1110
4. Afonso 'o Conquistador', king of Portugal
by 2nd wife Constance de Bourgogne
3. Urracca, Queen of Castile and Leon 1109-1126
born 1082, died 4 March 1126 Saldana
married (1) about 1095 Raymond, Count of Bourgogne, died 26 March 1107 in Leon, son of Guillaume I, Count of Bourgogne and Stephanie
(de Longwy ?) married (2) 30 June 1109 Divorced 1111 Alfonso VI, King of Aragon and Navarre
children
1st marriage
a.Sancha of Castile and Leon, remained unmarried
b.Alfonso VII, King of Castile and Leon
by Conde Pedro Gonzalez de Lara born about 1065 died 1130
c.Fernan Perez de Lara
by 4th wife Zaida
4.Sancho of Castile, born about 1093/1094, killed in battle May 1108 Ucles
5.Elvira of Castile died 1135, married 1120 Roger II, King of Sicily, born 22 December 1095/1097, died between 27 January 1154 and
26 February 1154, son of Roger I, Count of Sicily, and Adelaide de Savona
children
a.Guilielmo I, King of Sicily
b.Roger, Duke of Apulia
6.Sancha of Castile, born 1100, married 1122 Count Rodrigo Gonzalez de Lara,
children
a.Elvira Rodriguez de Lara, married about 1135 Armengol VI (Ermengol VI) Conde de Urgel, born about 1096, died 28 June 1154, son of
Armengol V 'el de Mayeruca', Conde de Urgel, and Maria Perez, senora de Valladolid
children
1.Maria de Urgel, Senora de Almenara, died 1196, married before 1172 Lope Lopez de Vizcaya, Senor de Miranda de Ebro y Almenara
died circa 1178/1182, son of Conde Lope Diaz de Haro, Senor Soberandlo de Vizcaya, and Aldonza Ruiz de Castro
child
a.Armengol Lopez, Senor de Almenara y Mirandola, died after 1207
by wife ? mistress ?
1.Juan Diaz
2.Galceran de Sales killed in battle 11 August 1184
b.Pedro Rodriguez de Lara

With best wishes
Leo van de Pas
Canberra, Australia

taf

Sep 23, 2007, 12:09:35 PM9/23/07
Perhaps others will know better on some of the details, but . . . .

On Sep 23, 5:07 am, "Leo van de Pas" <leovd...@netspeed.com.au> wrote:
> Thanks to Todd Farmerie more information has become available. Thanks to ES I have been able to add some details.
>
> Alfonso VI 'the Brave', King of Castile 1072-1109, King of Leon 1065-1109
> born about 1039, died 30 June 1109 Toledo, buried Sahagun Monastery

> married (5) Beatrice, she was of French origin and returned to France. WHEN DID ALFONSO MARRY HER? Zaida is alive in 1107, Alfonso VI died June 1109, this does not give much room for this marriage.

Yes - they were only married for a few months. I don't know the
precise date off hand, but Reilly's Alfonso VI is available, full
text, online and he should give some indication.

> 2. Teresa of Castile and Leon, died 1 November 1130, married Henri, Count of Portugal, born about 1069, died 1 November 1112, son of
> Henri de Bourgogne and (Sibylle ?) of Barcelona. She had an affaire with Fernando Peres de Trava
> children
> 1.Affonso Henriques, born circa 1094, died before 1110
> 2.Urracca Henriques, born circa 1096, died after 1130, married before 1120 Bermudo Peres de Trava, Conde de Trastamara (children ?)
> 3.(Henrique) born circa 1106, died before 1110
> 4. Afonso 'o Conquistador', king of Portugal

I seem to recall Teresa having child or children by Fernando Peres

> by 2nd wife Constance de Bourgogne
> 3. Urracca, Queen of Castile and Leon 1109-1126
> born 1082, died 4 March 1126 Saldana
> married (1) about 1095 Raymond, Count of Bourgogne, died 26 March 1107 in Leon, son of Guillaume I, Count of Bourgogne and Stephanie
> (de Longwy ?) married (2) 30 June 1109 Divorced 1111 Alfonso VI, King of Aragon and Navarre

Stephanie was definitely not "de Longwy". This was based on an error
by Vajay which he since has retracted. Her origins are unknown. As to
Urraca's husband, he was Alfonso I.

taf

Francisco Tavares de Almeida

Sep 23, 2007, 8:08:17 PM9/23/07

> I seem to recall Teresa having child or children by Fernando Peres

Teresa Fernández de Trava, b.ca.1120, m.1 Nuño Perez de Lara, m.2
Fernando II, King of León;
Sancha Fernández, m. Alvar Rodriguez, Count of Sarria.

Best regards,
Francisco