Sir Warren Bostock (1155)

U...@aol.com

May 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/18/00
In a message dated 5/16/00 4:22:17 PM Central Daylight Time, Roemer222 writes:

<< Patrick Hamilton Baskervill in his book Baskerville Genealogy 1912, writes
that
Hawise, daughter of Hugh de Kevelioc and sister of Randle/Ranulph, 6th Earl
of Chester and Lincoln, married first Robert de Quinci, and married second
Sir Warren Bostock. I have not seen this second marriage in any other
source. Do you know this to be true?

Thanks for any help you can give me.
Kay Baganoff
roem...@aol.com >>

Hi Kay: Here's what I have in my database and it shows the 2 husbands for
Hawise [Ihave her as of Chester].

Descendants of Hugh de Meschines

1 Hugh de Meschines b: 1147 in Kevelioc, Monmouthshire, Wales d: 30
June 1181 in Leike, STS, ENG
.. +Unknown
2 Beatrice de Meschines
2 Geva de Meschines
2 Amice de Meschines b: 1178 in of Chester, CHS, ENG
.. +Ralph Mainwaring b: in Chestershire, ENG
*2nd Wife of Hugh de Meschines:
.. +Bertrade de Montfort b: 1155 in of Evreau, Normandy, FRA d: 12
July 1189 in Evereau, Normandy, FRA
2 Ranulph III de Meschines b: in Album Monasterium, Powys d: 28
October 1232 in Wallingford Castle, ENG
.. +Constance de Bretagne d: 1204
2 Maud of Chester b: 1171 d: 06 January 1232/33
.. +David de Huntington b: Abt. 1144 d: 17 June 1219 in Yardley,
NTH, ENG
2 Mabel of Chester b: Abt. 1172 in Chester, Cheshire, ENG
.. +William d'Aubigny d: Bef. 30 March 1221 in Cainell, nr Rome, ITA
2 Agnes of Chester b: Abt. 1174 in Tutbury, Staffordshire, ENG d:
Abt. 28 October 1247
.. +William de Ferrers b: Abt. 1168 in Ferrers, Derbyshire, ENG d: 22
September 1247
2 Hawise of Chester b: 1180 in Chester, CHS, ENG d: Abt. 1243
.. +Robert "the Elder" de Quincey b: Abt. 1172 in Buckley, NTH, ENG
d: 1217 in Blies
*2nd Husband of Hawise of Chester:
.. +Warren Bostock

The source for the 1st marriage is Weis 125:29 which cites CP III 167, IV 670
chart iv, VII 677; VCH I 312. The source for the 2nd marriage is Ancestry of
Elizabeth of York, 142:1399.

Always optimistic--Dave

Stewart Baldwin

May 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/18/00
On 18 May 2000 05:45:44 -0700, U...@aol.com wrote:

>In a message dated 5/16/00 4:22:17 PM Central Daylight Time, Roemer222 writes:
>
><< Patrick Hamilton Baskervill in his book Baskerville Genealogy 1912, writes
>that
> Hawise, daughter of Hugh de Kevelioc and sister of Randle/Ranulph, 6th Earl
>of Chester and Lincoln, married first Robert de Quinci, and married second
>Sir Warren Bostock. I have not seen this second marriage in any other
>source. Do you know this to be true?
>
> Thanks for any help you can give me.
> Kay Baganoff
> roem...@aol.com >>

[snip]

This second marriage appears in the 1580 visitation of Cheshire and in
Ormerod's history of Cheshire (who takes it from "Dr. Williamson"
[presumably Williamson's Cheshire Evidences, of which I have never
seen a copy], who apparently does not cite a source). However, I know
of no contemporary source for the statement, and I'm skeptical. The
visitations are certainly a poor source for a marriage this early, and
the marriage does not appear in better sources like The Complete
Peerage.

Stewart Baldwin

PDel...@aol.com

May 18, 2000, 3:00:00 AM5/18/00
Kay, it so happens that one of my friends, a retired chief inspector, Anthony
Bostock, of Cheshire, is also, most probably, THE expert on the family name.
His Address is: anthony.bostock@lineone. net
He maight be able to help you!
Peter de loriol chandieu