Hulse-lathrop: was Hulse + Bruyn + Picmere of Cheshire

Raymond Montgomery

May 28, 2002, 1:48:49 AM5/28/02
Henry, et al:
I have a pedigree that shows the Thomas howse grandfather of hannah howse
that married John lathrop of new england as being the son of phillip hulse
of Moxbury kent england and he being the son of Thomas Hulse of norbury
cheshire England married to Ellen Legh.
I have not researched this pedigree, In fact it has not sources which is
very concerning and is thus on my way back burner to research.
But could this thomas hulse be indeed the grandfather of hannah house and if
so is he the grandson of thomas hulse of norbury and if so how does he tie
in to these hulse's below?
Large question. I appoligize in advance!
RAY

>From: "Sutliff" <ss...@earthlink.net>
>To: GEN-MED...@rootsweb.com
>Subject: Hulse + Bruyn + Picmere of Cheshire
>Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 05:20:24 GMT
>
>Ormerod III:464 (Pedigree of Hulse of Norbury) shows that Hugh de Holes
>(Hulse), father of Sir Hugh de Hulse of Raby and grandfather of Eleanor
>Hulse, wife of Sir Richard Vernon of Shipbrook, is shown as having married
>Ellen Bruen of Picmere in 1362.
>
>Under Picmere (I:632) it shows that Hugh le Bruyn of Stapleford and his
>wife
>Margaret de Picmere of Picmere had three daughters (no male issue): Isabel,
>Alice and Margaret. In 1368 Margaret, widow of Hugh le Bruyn granted to
>Hugh
>Hulse of Picmere, all her lands at Picmere.
>
>It would seem that the first listed citation has the incorrect name for the
>wife of Hugh de Hulse and it should be Isabel, Alice or Margaret rather
>than
>Ellen. Is anyone aware of which one of the Bruyn daughters was the wife of
>Hulse?
>
>Thanks.
>
>Henry Sutliff

Sutliff

May 30, 2002, 3:06:43 AM5/30/02
Sorry, but I don't have any sources which might show this link. My guess is
that it does not hold. Gary Boyd Roberts is a Lathrop descendant and it
seems to me we would have seen a lot of this before if it were correct. I am
becoming more and more skeptical of what I find in print so far as Croston,
Ormerod, Foster and others are concerned. I spent hours today on Assheton of
Ashton-under-Lyne, Lancs. and am very uncomfortable with some of the female
names and lines mentioned in these and the other pedigrees recently
researched. There is an awful lot of garbage out there and it is difficult
to sort through it with limited resources. I tend to amputate people from my
lines if I can't find something more substantive than these.

Best regards,

Henry Sutliff

"Raymond Montgomery" <gorm...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Raymond Montgomery

May 30, 2002, 9:58:36 AM5/30/02
Henry,
Thank you, the way you have stated it, is the way I have preceived it!
It will probably stay on my back burner for a very long time as I just do
not have time to get to it. I would like how ever to write gary boyd roberts
and query him on this subject? Would you know his email address?
You may write me in private with that info if you do indeed have it?
Sincerely
RAY

PDel...@aol.com

May 30, 2002, 10:37:50 AM5/30/02
A most intriguing thread ......
I am a descendnant of the pickmere/pickmore family of cheshire. i am lucky
to hold one of the handful of privately printed books written by one John
pickmere of Warrington in 1813. One copy is at the Cheshire archives and the
other four extant ones are in the hands of a few descendants of the Pickmere
family.
I am fully aware of the early history of the Pickmeres of Pickmere and have
worked out that the Le Bruyn was the patronymic of the Pickmere family in the
13th and 14th Century. Were you aware that one branch of the Pickmeres held
extensive lands in the Environs of Hulse?
Peter de Loriol