Elizabeth Killigrew Viscountess Shannon

Wjhonson

Nov 6, 2011, 10:54:40 PM11/6/11
to gen-me...@rootsweb.com
She married Francis Boyle Lord Shannon in 1638, but was a mistress of Charles II, early in her life, giving birth to a daughter Charlotte who would go on to marry William Paston 2nd Earl of Yarmouth.

Elizabeth was bap 16 may 1622 at st Margaret's Lothbury and is buried in Westminster Abbey
Her parents were Robert Killigrew of Hanworth, co Mdx; MP 1601; Knt 1603
and his wife Mary Wodehouse

Leo is not showing that Mary was a daughter of that Anne Bacon who married Henry Wodehouse of Waxham and thus Mary was a sister to Henry Wodehouse Governor of Bermuda whom Leo does show.

Does anyone here descend from Henry Wodehouse of Waxham and Anne Bacon? I would be quite interested to find a living person in this line.

Anne who was living in 1575, pre deceased Henry as he secondly married Cecily Gresham the third daughter of William gresham of Titsey by his wife Beatrix Guybon

I don't yet know however if Henry and Cecily had any children.

John

Nov 6, 2011, 11:45:10 PM11/6/11
On Nov 6, 7:54 pm, Wjhonson <wjhon...@aol.com> wrote:

> Does anyone here descend from Henry Wodehouse of Waxham and Anne Bacon?  I would be quite interested to find a living person in this line.

Sir Charles John Buckworth-Herne-Soame, 12th Baronet

Wjhonson

Nov 7, 2011, 2:17:55 AM11/7/11
to jhigg...@yahoo.com, gen-me...@rootsweb.com

well if that's true, neither Leo nor Darryl over at thePeerage.com shows this connection in any way I can discover right off
I don't think Leo even has the Buckworths at all
Darryl has them, but only follows the main line, which I've now transcribed into my database, but no indication of the branching that would take me to Anne Bacon
the message

John

Nov 7, 2011, 11:37:39 AM11/7/11
On Nov 6, 11:17 pm, Wjhonson <wjhon...@aol.com> wrote:
>  well if that's true, neither Leo nor Darryl over at thePeerage.com shows this connection in any way I can discover right off
> I don't think Leo even has the Buckworths at all
> Darryl has them, but only follows the main line, which I've now transcribed into my database, but no indication of the branching that would take me to Anne Bacon

Keep looking - the line is in Thepeerage.com. The compound name
Buckworth-Herne-Soame should give you a clue....

"If that's true" -- ?? Oh, ye of little faith....

Wjhonson

Nov 8, 2011, 1:07:19 AM11/8/11
to jhigg...@yahoo.com, gen-me...@rootsweb.com

OK I have the line now from the Buckworth baronets back to Anne Bacon through Elizabeth Killigrew Viscountess Shannon

But the only source I have for Paston Herne's grandmother Frances Fairfax was calling her daughter of Henry Lord Fairfax, however a primary contemporary source giving her age proves that is impossible and further it states that she was daughter of someone named "Francis Fairfax". Any idea who that might be?

John

Nov 8, 2011, 12:44:56 PM11/8/11
On Nov 7, 10:07 pm, Wjhonson <wjhon...@aol.com> wrote:
> OK I have the line now from the Buckworth baronets back to Anne Bacon through Elizabeth Killigrew Viscountess Shannon
>
> But the only source I have for Paston Herne's grandmother Frances Fairfax was calling her daughter of Henry Lord Fairfax, however a primary contemporary source giving her age proves that is impossible and further it states that she was daughter of someone named "Francis Fairfax".  Any idea who that might be?

Let's look at the sources which you failed to identify but are
probably the ones below.

Blomefield's Norfolk says that Frances was daughter of "Henry Fairfax,
Lord Viscount Fairfax, of Gilling in Yorkshire".
http://books.google.com/books?id=WVoMAQAAMAAJ&pg=PA392

But there was no Henry Fairfax, Viscount Fairfax. The first Viscount
Fairfax of Emley was Thomas and his son, also Thomas, was the 2nsd
Viscount. Also Blomefield confuses the Clement Herne who married
Frances Fairfax with his father Clement, assigning the death date of
the father to the son and making him die in 1694 aged 84. This age is
incompatible with the marriage record for the younger Clement and
Frances Fairfax, shown here:
http://books.google.com/books?id=DioEAAAAIAAJ&pg=PA74

I suspect that the identification of her father as Francis here is a
clerical error - it's more likely that her MOTHER's name was Frances.
The compiler of the Stirnet website has suggested that Frances Fairfax
Herne was a daughter of Henry Fairfax of Burlington (d. 4 Apr 1650
aged 49), who was a younger son of Thomas, the 1st Viscount.
According to Fairtfax pedigrees in "Herald and Genealogist" v. 6 & 7,
Henry married Frances, dau. of Henry Barker of Hurst, and had 3
children including a daughter Frances for whom a marriage is not
specified. (He also had a son Henry who had a daughter Frances who
mar. David Erskine, 9th Earl of Buchan).

The identification of Frances Fairfax Herne as a daughter of Henry,
son of the 1st Viscount, makes senses chronologically, and the use of
the name Frances in three generations of this family also fits well.

John

Nov 8, 2011, 12:53:25 PM11/8/11
On Nov 8, 9:44 am, John <jhiggins...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Nov 7, 10:07 pm, Wjhonson <wjhon...@aol.com> wrote:
>
> > OK I have the line now from the Buckworth baronets back to Anne Bacon through Elizabeth Killigrew Viscountess Shannon
>
> > But the only source I have for Paston Herne's grandmother Frances Fairfax was calling her daughter of Henry Lord Fairfax, however a primary contemporary source giving her age proves that is impossible and further it states that she was daughter of someone named "Francis Fairfax".  Any idea who that might be?
>
> Let's look at the sources which you failed to identify but are
> probably the ones below.
>
> Blomefield's Norfolk says that Frances was daughter of "Henry Fairfax,
> Lord Viscount Fairfax, of Gilling in Yorkshire".http://books.google.com/books?id=WVoMAQAAMAAJ&pg=PA392
>
> But there was no Henry Fairfax, Viscount Fairfax.  The first Viscount
> Fairfax of Emley was Thomas and his son, also Thomas, was the 2nsd
> Viscount.  Also Blomefield confuses the Clement Herne who married
> Frances Fairfax with his father Clement, assigning the death date of
> the father to the son and making him die in 1694 aged 84.  This age is
> incompatible with the marriage record for the younger Clement and
> Frances Fairfax, shown here:http://books.google.com/books?id=DioEAAAAIAAJ&pg=PA74
>
> I suspect that the identification of her father as Francis here is a
> clerical error - it's more likely that her MOTHER's name was Frances.
> The compiler of the Stirnet website has suggested that Frances Fairfax
> Herne was a daughter of Henry Fairfax of Burlington (d. 4 Apr 1650
> aged 49), who was a younger son of Thomas, the 1st Viscount.
> According to Fairtfax pedigrees in "Herald and Genealogist" v. 6 & 7,
> Henry married Frances, dau. of Henry Barker of Hurst, and had 3
> children including a daughter Frances for whom a marriage is not
> specified.  (He also had a son Henry who had a daughter Frances who
> mar. David Erskine, 9th Earl of Buchan).
>
> The identification of Frances Fairfax Herne as a daughter of Henry,
> son of the 1st Viscount, makes senses chronologically, and the use of
> the name Frances in three generations of this family also fits well.

Correction: The Clement Herne who mar. Frances Fairfax was the
grandson, not the son, of the earlier Clement Herne. Blomefield may
have the death date of 1694 correct for the younger Clement but is
almost certainly wrong in saying that died at aged 84, based on his
marriage record.