Clement Villiers of Hothorpe born 1495

Will Johnson

Sep 19, 2021, 7:54:07 PMSep 19
There is an Escheat (5H8 n 42) for Edward Villiers of Hothorpe who d 26 Jun 1513. I have not seen the original but is has been described as stating that Clement, his heir was "aged 17 1/2"

https://books.google.com/books?id=f-A_AQAAMAAJ&pg=PA830
"aged 17 1/12" at his father's death

While looking for details on the life of Clement, I could find almost nothing, so I went looking for his other family and discovered him by accident under Vyllers

https://discovery.nationalarchives.gov.uk/details/r/C4456870
Clement Vyllers, Gent 1539

From this document we can see that he was apparently sharing (?) responsibility for the court baron with firstly Sir Thomas Pulteney.

We identify this man as that one of Misterton Leics, m Anne Shirley and had at least two sons and three daughters : Agnes, Elizabeth, Francis (male), Richard and Rose

We can see, if this is him, that he must have died exactly in 1539/40 as his son Francis esq then takes over the court baron jointly.

Leo has this man apparently dead in 1507 which must be I suggest, his *father*. Otherwise the possibility that this Sir Thomas, was a son of another Sir Thomas of Misterton. I haven't explored all of these possibilities.

This also gives us the information that Francis Pulteney was yet living in 1542 but we know he was probate in 1544

John Higgins

Sep 19, 2021, 9:03:34 PMSep 19
Francis Pulteney died 1 Edward VI.

Sir Thomas Pulteney (d. 1507) in Genealogics was the father of the Sir Thomas Pulteney who married Anne Shirley.

Both the senior Sir Thomas Pulteney (but not his son) and Clement Villiers are ancestral to Princes William and Harry.

[BTW - and totally OT - Time magazine, in its current issue, lists among the "100 Most Influential People" (wait for it) Prince Harry and Meghan. Further comment would be inappropriate here.]

Will Johnson

Sep 20, 2021, 8:53:16 AMSep 20
And also ancestral to Sarah Ferguson Duchess of York
William Ponsonby, 2nd Earl of /Bessborough/ 1758-1793
appears in her chart at 506

while his younger brother John is eight generations behind Princess Diana

It helps for Harry and Meghan to be considered influential that he is sexier than his brother.