A line new to Genealogics from Molesworth to today

Will Johnson

Jan 15, 2022, 11:28:56 AM1/15/22
https://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00134865&tree=LEO

Mary Molesworth
daughter of
Robert Molesworth, 1st Viscount /Molesworth/ , G d 22 May 1725 Brackanstown, Swords, co Dublin
and his wife
Leticia /Coote/ d 17 Mar 1730 Brackanstown, Swords, co Dublin

Mary married George /Monck/
Leo has no date for their marriage however
Familysearch.org cites
Ireland, Diocesan and Prerogative Marriage License Bonds Indexes, 1623-1866
in stating a date of 1698

Name Mary Molesworth
Spouse's Name George Monck
Marriage Date 1698
Marriage Place Ireland
Note Prerogative Court

More to follow.....

Will Johnson

Jan 15, 2022, 11:35:54 AM1/15/22
Mary Molesworth, second daughter, is famous in her own right as a poetess
enough to make the old DNB and an entry in Wikipedia for herself as well

https://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Dictionary_of_National_Biography,_1885-1900/Monck,_Mary
https://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00134865&tree=LEO
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Monck

her husband is called "George /Monck/ of St Stephens' Green, Dublin"
he died in 1726
she was his first wife, by whom, two daughters and a son

The elder of the two daughters Sarah Monck

more to follow...

Will Johnson

Jan 15, 2022, 11:51:54 AM1/15/22
Robert Mason and Sarah Monck had at least two children, sons, although perhaps more

The elder son is in Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Monck_Mason
John Monck Mason, where they give him a birth year of 1726

He had a younger brother Henry Monck Mason Lt Col
whom we see mentioned here in a bio of his own son

https://www.dib.ie/biography/mason-henry-joseph-monck-a5493

and here in Burke's

https://books.google.com/books?id=FlI4AQAAMAAJ&newbks=1&newbks_redir=0&dq=henry%20monck%20mason%20lt%20col&pg=PA838#v=onepage&q=henry%20monck%20mason%20lt%20col&f=false

Will Johnson

Jan 15, 2022, 12:11:52 PM1/15/22
We can now return to
https://www.dib.ie/biography/mason-henry-joseph-monck-a5493
to get more details on the life of
Henry Joseph /Monck Mason/ , esq, LL.D.; writer
born 15 Jul 1778
Powerscourt; third son
died 14 Apr 1858
buried at Powerscourt

I should mention, for those who follow such things, that this line are descendants of Edward III
specifically through Leticia Coote, the wife of
Robert Molesworth, 1st Viscount /Molesworth/ , G

and yes, we *will* eventually, if my hunch is correct, get to the family of someone quite famous

Will Johnson

Jan 15, 2022, 12:24:56 PM1/15/22
Henry Monck Mason was married twice
His second wife being Jane /Mosse/ daughter of
Bartholomew /Mosse/ , founder of the Rotunda Hospital, Dublin; DW

Bartholomew's own biographiies give us details like
born 1712 Maryborough (now Portlaoise), Ireland
died 16 Feb 1759 Dublin, Ireland

that his daughter Jane was born in 1746
daughter of his second wife and apparently cousin Jane /Wittingham/

https://books.google.com/books?id=FlI4AQAAMAAJ&newbks=1&newbks_redir=0&dq=henry%20monck%20mason%20lt%20col&pg=PA838#v=onepage&q=henry%20monck%20mason%20lt%20col&f=false

https://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Dictionary_of_National_Biography,_1885-1900/Mosse,_Bartholomew

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bartholomew_Mosse

https://www.dib.ie/biography/mason-henry-joseph-monck-a5493

Will Johnson

Jan 15, 2022, 12:45:24 PM1/15/22

Will Johnson

Jan 15, 2022, 1:04:09 PM1/15/22
On Saturday, January 15, 2022 at 9:45:24 AM UTC-8, Will Johnson wrote:
> Henry Joseph Monck Mason married
> Anne Langrishe in Apr 1816

Henry and Anne had exactly six children, the youngest daughter died young and unmarried however the others were

Henry /Monck Mason/ eldest son
Robert Boyle /Monck Mason/ , of Woolhampton (as Rector)
Anne /Monck Mason/ eldest daughter
Jane /Monck Mason/
Isabella /Monck Mason/

This eldest daughter Anne m
J L /Moore/ , Vice Provost of Trinity College, Dublin

https://books.google.com/books?id=p0SjdgaKaAkC&newbks=1&newbks_redir=0&dq=anne%20langrishe%20monck%20mason&pg=PA21#v=onepage&q=anne%20langrishe%20monck%20mason&f=false

Will Johnson

Jan 15, 2022, 1:08:50 PM1/15/22
On Saturday, January 15, 2022 at 10:04:09 AM UTC-8, Will Johnson wrote:

> This eldest daughter Anne m
> J L /Moore/ , Vice Provost of Trinity College, Dublin
>
> https://books.google.com/books?id=p0SjdgaKaAkC&newbks=1&newbks_redir=0&dq=anne%20langrishe%20monck%20mason&pg=PA21#v=onepage&q=anne%20langrishe%20monck%20mason&f=false

This man John Lewis Moore was Senior Dean in 1851
and Vice Provost 1867-1876

https://www.tcd.ie/seniordean/about/pastdeans/

Will Johnson

Jan 15, 2022, 1:33:48 PM1/15/22
On Saturday, January 15, 2022 at 10:08:50 AM UTC-8, Will Johnson wrote:
> This man John Lewis Moore was Senior Dean in 1851
> and Vice Provost 1867-1876
>
> https://www.tcd.ie/seniordean/about/pastdeans/

We can know that John Lewis Moore and Anne Monck Mason must have married by 1847 at the lastest as
we have an M.I.
for
Robert /Moore/ fourth son
died 26 Oct 1870 "in his 21st year" M.I. St Mark's Lucerne

Now comes familysearch.org again
citing "Ireland Marriages, 1619-1898"

Name John Lewis, Rev. Moore
Sex Male
Spouse's Name Anne Mason
Spouse's Sex Female
Marriage Date 1840
Marriage Place Newry, County Down, Ireland
Marriage Place (Original) Newry, Down, Ireland
Source Details Dublin Act or Grant Books

Will Johnson

Jan 15, 2022, 1:42:42 PM1/15/22
On Saturday, January 15, 2022 at 10:33:48 AM UTC-8, Will Johnson wrote:

> Name John Lewis, Rev. Moore
> Sex Male
> Spouse's Name Anne Mason
> Spouse's Sex Female
> Marriage Date 1840
> Marriage Place Newry, County Down, Ireland
> Marriage Place (Original) Newry, Down, Ireland
> Source Details Dublin Act or Grant Books

And the Rev John Lewis Moore was buried in 1875 (6?) in Newry

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:HPXF-ZFMM

Will Johnson

Jan 15, 2022, 1:47:39 PM1/15/22
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:33S7-9TM1-H2D?i=285&cc=1921305&personaUrl=%2Fark%3A%2F61903%2F1%3A1%3AKZ5W-JZJ

Ireland Calendar of Wills...dministrations, 1858-1920 Calendar of Wills and Administrations 1876
telling us that John Lewis Moore died 25 Nov 1876 in South Dublin
testate
"was proved by the oath of Anne widow and sole executrix"

Leslie Mahler

Jan 15, 2022, 2:10:55 PM1/15/22
This person is also a descendant of George Monck & Mary Molesworth:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laurence_Street

But he is not connected yet:
https://www.genealogics.org/pedigree.php?personID=I00492190&tree=LEO

Leslie

Will Johnson

Jan 15, 2022, 2:15:54 PM1/15/22
On Saturday, January 15, 2022 at 11:10:55 AM UTC-8, Leslie Mahler wrote:
> On Saturday, January 15, 2022 at 10:47:39 AM UTC-8, wjhons...@gmail.com wrote:

> > > And the Rev John Lewis Moore was buried in 1875 (6?) in Newry

The Belfast Newsletter states

https://www.ancestry.com/imageviewer/collections/2193/images/32509_260476-04912?lang=en-US&pId=57358

On the 15th inst [Jul 1840-ed], at Powerscourt Church the Rev John Lewis Moore to Anne eldest daughter of Henry J Monck Mason esq

Will Johnson

Jan 15, 2022, 2:29:17 PM1/15/22
That the "Rev J L Moore, DD, Vice Provost" (as stated Belfast Newsletter) did indeed have a son named "Lewis Moore"

https://www.ancestry.com/family-tree/person/tree/79529027/person/112349635627/hints
Belfast, Northern Ireland, The Belfast Newsletter (Birth, Marriage and Death Notices), 1738-1925

"Moore-Johnston, Oct 15 [so said Dec 1870] at St John's Church, Tricholnopoly [?]... Lewis Moore, esq , Madras Civil Service, son of the Rev. J L Moore, DD, Vice Provost, to Edith, second daughter of William Johnston... Deputy Inspector of Hospitals, Madras"

Will Johnson

Jan 15, 2022, 2:37:37 PM1/15/22
Lewis Moore rose in the Civil Service so high as to became Justice of the Madras High Court
He "died suddenly" Hotel Metropole, London; "aged 59" on 14 May 1907

https://books.google.com/books?id=6xpdAAAAIAAJ&newbks=1&newbks_redir=0&dq=%22lewis%20moore%22%20justice%20madras&pg=RA1-PA124#v=onepage&q=%22lewis%20moore%22%20justice%20madras&f=false

Will Johnson

Jan 15, 2022, 2:41:21 PM1/15/22
His wife Edith has predeceased him
His administration (with Will) (Limited) is being granted to who I presume now to be two of his children (if not all of them) Pierce Langrishe Moore and Edith Violet Moore

https://www.ancestry.com/discoveryui-content/view/5045901:1904?ssrc=pt&tid=79529027&pid=112349635627

Will Johnson

Jan 15, 2022, 2:49:25 PM1/15/22
It seems at the moment like all of Lewis' children were most likely born in India

We see a son Cecil

https://www.ancestry.com/discoveryui-content/view/1379915:9899
India, Select Births and Baptisms, 1786-1947

born 24 Sep 1878
baptised 23 Oct 1878 Trichinopoly, Madras, India

John Higgins

Jan 15, 2022, 3:04:06 PM1/15/22
How exactly is any or all of this on-topic in a medieval-genealogy group?

Will Johnson

Jan 15, 2022, 3:50:59 PM1/15/22
Cecil Moore
m1 (divorced 1912) Lillian Stewart
m2 Alice Mona Bath
17 Jan 1918 Jaunpur, Bengal, India

They were the parents of Philip Brian Cecil Moore born 6 APR 1921

Will Johnson

Jan 15, 2022, 3:58:45 PM1/15/22

Will Johnson

Jan 15, 2022, 4:12:40 PM1/15/22
On Saturday, January 15, 2022 at 12:58:45 PM UTC-8, Will Johnson wrote:
> > They were the parents of Philip Brian Cecil Moore born 6 APR 1921
> Perhaps better known as https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philip_Moore,_Baron_Moore_of_Wolvercote

I mean he is famous, but perhaps not quite as famous as the fact that
after his marriage to
Joan Ursula Greenup
b 20 Mar 1925 Enniskillin, Ireland
the daughter of Maurice Edwin Greenop and his wife Sheila McGuire

they had at least one child, a daughter Jill G Moore born in 1951 in Surrey
who, in 1971 in Westminster married a certain Peter Brian Gabriel

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Gabriel

John Higgins

Jan 15, 2022, 5:53:56 PM1/15/22
[yawn] All this effort - for just this? And not at all on-topic here....