genm...@gmail.com

Mar 10, 2009, 4:02:58 PM3/10/09
On Mar 10, 10:19 am, ravinmaven2...@yahoo.com wrote:
> The WARGS website has nothing on Warren Buffett, so ...
>
> A snippet view of some Magna Carta Dames publication gives the
> following information on Buffett's father, a member of Congress:
>
> "Hon. Howard Buffett ... was born at Omaha, 13 August, 1903, son of
> Ernest Platt Buffett and Henrietta Duval, his wife ..."
>
> http://books.google.com/books?id=RY5bAAAAMAAJ&q=ernest+buffett+omaha&...
>
> The two websites below give further information (significant New York
> and New England ancestry, it seems):
>
> http://www.longislandgenealogy.com/lewis/gp1656.htm
>
> http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=geolarson2&...

Yet another thread of John Brandon's useful contributions to medieval
genealogy. But catch them quickly before their author, in another fit
of pique, deletes them all.

Message has been deleted

D. Spencer Hines

Mar 10, 2009, 4:30:14 PM3/10/09
No doubt he does it because you silly-buggers style try to hide behind a
cutesy-poo, puerile pseudonym.
--
D. Spencer Hines
Lux et Veritas et Libertas

<ravinma...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> I don't really understand your obsession with pointing out my identity
> and then moving on to a tacky, little moralizing commentary ... but,
> hey, whatever floats your boat.

James Hogg

Mar 10, 2009, 4:38:48 PM3/10/09
On Tue, 10 Mar 2009 20:30:14 -0000, "D. Spencer Hines"
<pan...@excelsior.net> wrote:

>No doubt he does it because you silly-buggers style try to hide behind a
>cutesy-poo, puerile pseudonym.

Much better to follow your example and hide behind a cutesy-poo,
girlish pseudonym, Julia294.

James

royala...@msn.com

Mar 10, 2009, 4:42:32 PM3/10/09
On Mar 10, 1:02 pm, genme...@gmail.com wrote:

< Yet another thread of John Brandon's useful contributions to
medieval
< genealogy.  But catch them quickly before their author, in another
fit
< of pique, deletes them all.

John Brandon produces a great deal of useful material here on the
newsgroup. I value his contributions.

genm...@gmail.com

Mar 10, 2009, 4:45:25 PM3/10/09
On Mar 10, 12:21 pm, ravinmaven2...@yahoo.com wrote:
> I don't really understand your obsession with pointing out my identity
> and then moving on to a tacky, little moralizing commentary ... but,
> hey, whatever floats your boat.

There are obviously other things you don't understand - like the
meaning of "medieval". But perhaps you're not yet too far gone to be
educated....

royala...@msn.com

Mar 10, 2009, 5:03:53 PM3/10/09

This is an unmoderated group. That means John Brandon can post what
he wishes, or remove it if he wishes.

It's called free speech.

DR

genm...@gmail.com

Mar 10, 2009, 5:25:33 PM3/10/09

And we should value YOUR opinion on the subject? Your record in this
group, dismal as it is, stand on its own.

Perhaps the group should be renamed as the "Douglas Richardson/John
Brandon Mutual Admiration and Brown-Nosing Society".

wjhonson

Mar 10, 2009, 7:55:42 PM3/10/09
Should anyone want to assist in the effort to document Warren Buffet's
ancestry, I have created a page here

https://knol.google.com/k/will-johnson/ancestry-of-warren-buffet/4hmquk6fx4gu/122#view

Will Johnson

royala...@msn.com

Mar 10, 2009, 9:02:02 PM3/10/09
On Mar 10, 2:25 pm, genme...@gmail.com wrote:

> And we should value YOUR opinion on the subject?  Your record in this
> group, dismal as it is, stand on its own.

My record stands on its own? I certainly hope so.

As for Mr. Brandon, his posts are quite valuable. And he uses his
real name.

Speaking of which, what is your real name?