Reynell Family of Devon

瀏覽次數:80 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

Loren Varga

未讀,
2021年2月24日 中午12:16:572021/2/24
收件者:
Dear Group. I am having trouble in determining the parentage of the wife of Nicholas Pine of Upton Pine born about 1430. His daughter was a Constance Pine who married a William Larder.

I have seen his wife listed as a Joan Reynell . If this is correct was she a daughter of Walter Reynell and Radigunda Coplestone or Walter Reynell and Joanna Walrond?

Thanks!

Loren

wjhonson

未讀,
2021年2月24日 下午3:20:452021/2/24
收件者:

John Higgins

未讀,
2021年2月24日 下午5:41:042021/2/24
收件者:
If the original poster looks at p. 643 of the link posted above (Vivian's edition of the Visitations of Devon, you'll find a pedigree of the Reynell family. Both Walter Reynells listed above are shown there with their respective wives. Both couples are shown as having a daughter Jane, but each Jane married a man other than Nicolas Pine.

If your Nicholas Pine is correctly said to have been ca. 1430, it seems more likely that his wife Jane Reynell was in the generation of the Walter Reynell who married Joanna Walrond, and thus a daughter of Walter Walrond's father also named Walter. No such daughter is listed in the visitation pedigree - but that doesn't mean she didn't exist.
0 則新訊息