Melchizedek Richardson

Wjhonson

Oct 20, 2012, 7:12:08 PM10/20/12
to gen-me...@rootsweb.com
Melchizedek Richard died between 1697 and 1701 in or of Henrico County, Virginia
In 1686, while in Henrico County he was "aged 38"

Bytham Castle, co Linc (Batch C035001, C035002 wj)
Father Richard, Mother Anne

Wjhonson

Oct 20, 2012, 7:23:44 PM10/20/12
to wjho...@aol.com, gen-me...@rootsweb.com
recte: Richardson is the surname not Richard
the message

Matt A

Oct 20, 2012, 7:45:55 PM10/20/12
to wjho...@aol.com, gen-me...@rootsweb.com
That is a fascinating forename! Is it biblical?

-Matt Ahlgren

Matt A

Oct 20, 2012, 7:49:09 PM10/20/12
to gen-me...@rootsweb.com
Also, what is the context for the statement of age? John Bennett Boddie and others who specialize in Virginia have demonstrated long ago that court-based ages can vary considerably from the otherwise-documented truth of the matter, and thus it is unwise to use them alone as a search for baptisms, at least when there is no other confirming evidence.

-Matt

Matt A

Oct 20, 2012, 7:50:16 PM10/20/12
to gen-me...@rootsweb.com
Of course, the forename is another matter. I was speaking in general terms.

norenxaq

Oct 20, 2012, 7:55:36 PM10/20/12
to gen-me...@rootsweb.com

>>Melchizedek Richard died between 1697 and 1701 in or of Henrico County, Virginia
>>
>>In 1686, while in Henrico County he was "aged 38"

>>Bytham Castle, co Linc (Batch C035001, C035002 wj)
>>
>>Father Richard, Mother Anne
>>

>That is a fascinating forename! Is it biblical?
>
>-Matt Ahlgren

yes. he was the priest Abraham visited at Salem

Wjhonson

Oct 20, 2012, 8:06:16 PM10/20/12
to starwa...@gmail.com, gen-me...@rootsweb.com

W David Samuelsen

Oct 21, 2012, 5:00:57 AM10/21/12
to Gen-Medieval
On 10/20/2012 5:55 PM, norenxaq wrote:

> yes. he was the priest Abraham visited at Salem

You haven't figure out who he really was?? (Shem, one of 3 sons of Noah)
Only one who lived that long not to be otherwise.

David S.

norenxaq

Oct 21, 2012, 10:20:53 AM10/21/12
to Gen-Medieval
I am aware that this is one traditional association. however, it was not
universal

Darlene Athey-Hill

Nov 18, 2017, 3:16:25 PM11/18/17
Will, I just came across this post. Do you have additional information on the parents of Melchizedek Richardson? A person in the Athey-Whitfield Y-DNA project on FTDNA traces his direct paternal line to Melchizedek . . .

Thanks, Darlene Athey Hill

D. Spencer Hines

Nov 18, 2017, 10:01:36 PM11/18/17
He's one of mine too.

DSH

Wjhonson

Nov 20, 2017, 3:15:10 PM11/20/17
to dara...@gmail.com, gen-me...@rootsweb.com
I don't believe *anybody* has additional information

How is that an Athey-Whitfield is actuallly a Richardson ?

Feb 2, 2018, 1:32:48 PM2/2/18
What is more fascinating, he had sisters named Bathshna and Cumdalya.

jmb...@albion.edu

Feb 2, 2018, 6:58:02 PM2/2/18
Is that supposed to be *Bathshua* (a Biblical name)?

wjhonson

Feb 5, 2018, 1:28:03 PM2/5/18
There is no name Cumdalya
Clearly someone is misreading a register or something

D. Spencer Hines

Jul 28, 2018, 6:58:45 PM7/28/18
On Fri, 2 Feb 2018 15:58:00 -0800 (PST), jmb...@albion.edu
wrote:

>Is that supposed to be *Bathshua* (a Biblical name)?

No, it's Melchizedek, also a biblical name.

Genesis 14.

DSH

jmb...@albion.edu

Jul 28, 2018, 7:27:14 PM7/28/18
I was responding to brichar...@gmail.com, “What is more fascinating, he had sisters named Bathshna and Cumdalya.” Bathshua?

Ted Richardson

Aug 22, 2022, 1:49:47 PM8/22/22
In response to wjhons...@gmail.com..... There are two ways a Richardson can be a y-DNA paternal-line-descendant of an Athey-Whitfield. 1. An Athey child can be adopted by a Richardson family. 2. An out-of-wedlock union. Ted Richardson (I am a y-DNA descendant of Melchizedeck Richardson).

Will Johnson

Aug 24, 2022, 7:04:35 PM8/24/22
On Monday, August 22, 2022 at 10:49:47 AM UTC-7, Ted Richardson wrote:

> In response to wjhons...@gmail.com..... There are two ways a Richardson can be a y-DNA paternal-line-descendant of an Athey-Whitfield. 1. An Athey child can be adopted by a Richardson family. 2. An out-of-wedlock union. Ted Richardson (I am a y-DNA descendant of Melchizedeck Richardson).

Well there are more than two.
But do you have additional information on this Athey connection specifically?

Kristian Hayward

Feb 2, 2023, 8:13:59 PM2/2/23
whats the y haplogorup?

Will Johnson

Feb 6, 2023, 6:49:00 PM2/6/23
For the Y results to which that poster was referring I suggest this page

https://www.familytreedna.com/public/athey?iframe=ycolorized

Will Johnson

Feb 6, 2023, 6:58:39 PM2/6/23
On Monday, February 6, 2023 at 3:49:00 PM UTC-8, Will Johnson wrote:

> For the Y results to which that poster was referring I suggest this page
>
> https://www.familytreedna.com/public/athey?iframe=ycolorized

I would point out that G-M201 is stunningly unhelpful however
even more so than most

And without the autosomal proof lines that establish the testee is even descending from Melchizedek, you could be testing a line that isn't even descending from him at all (NPE)