Isabella (Thorpe) Lepington heiress

Will Johnson

Nov 2, 2022, 12:04:13 PM11/2/22
https://www.google.com/books/edition/Lincolnshire_Notes_and_Queries/sBgtAAAAMAAJ?hl=en&gbpv=1&dq=ambler+of+kirton&pg=RA1-PA235&printsec=frontcover

Can anyone find details on this supposed Isabelle Thorpe, heiress of her fathr William Thorpe of Lincolnshire. She married a Mr Lepington and had at lesat a daughter Anne who married William Sybsay of Boston, merchant

Can anyone find any chronological pegs to stick into this family?

pj.ev...@gmail.com

Nov 2, 2022, 8:20:36 PM11/2/22
Have you tried a search engine?

https://archive.org/stream/visitacionievisi32ryew/visitacionievisi32ryew_djvu.txt
Full text of "The visitacion [i.e., visitation] of Norfolk, made and ...
https://archive.org › stream
s.p. I I Thomas=p John Sybsay of West Basam in N'orfolk,=T=Elizabeth da. of William Sybsay. son & heir ; cousin & heir to W" Thorpe Hennadge of Haynton of ...

Will Johnson

Nov 3, 2022, 12:16:21 PM11/3/22
On Wednesday, November 2, 2022 at 5:20:36 PM UTC-7, pj.ev...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Wednesday, November 2, 2022 at 9:04:13 AM UTC-7, wjhons...@gmail.com wrote:
> > https://www.google.com/books/edition/Lincolnshire_Notes_and_Queries/sBgtAAAAMAAJ?hl=en&gbpv=1&dq=ambler+of+kirton&pg=RA1-PA235&printsec=frontcover
> >
> > Can anyone find details on this supposed Isabelle Thorpe, heiress of her fathr William Thorpe of Lincolnshire. She married a Mr Lepington and had at lesat a daughter Anne who married William Sybsay of Boston, merchant
> >
> > Can anyone find any chronological pegs to stick into this family?

> https://archive.org/stream/visitacionievisi32ryew/visitacionievisi32ryew_djvu.txt
> Full text of "The visitacion [i.e., visitation] of Norfolk, made and ...
> https://archive.org › stream
> s.p. I I Thomas=p John Sybsay of West Basam in N'orfolk,=T=Elizabeth da. of William Sybsay. son & heir ; cousin & heir to W" Thorpe Hennadge of Haynton of ...

This corrects her married name to Lexington
And corrects her "heiress" standing to "heiress in her issue"

But doesn't give us any chronological pegs however

Will Johnson

Nov 3, 2022, 12:59:28 PM11/3/22
This one appears relevant

https://discovery.nationalarchives.gov.uk/details/r/C7494920

From this, it appears that most likely "John son and heir of George" must be that one in the Vis Norf 1563 cited who is there called "cousin and heir to William Thorpe"

And the John of Freiston whom he is suing for detention of deeds must be his cousin, son of Thomas the first son

I'm not sure why this defendant is involved, perhaps he was holding while waiting for the heirs majority ?

Will Johnson

Nov 3, 2022, 1:01:36 PM11/3/22
And it looks like Amy was also yet living, as a widow of George

https://discovery.nationalarchives.gov.uk/details/r/C7494919

Will Johnson

Nov 4, 2022, 9:10:43 AM11/4/22
I only see one person called George Sybsay of Boston, so I suggest that this entry page 39
https://archive.org/details/visitacionievisi32ryew/page/38/mode/2up?q=sybsay&view=theater

shows his daughter Alice marrying William Blennerhesset of Norwich

Will Johnson

Nov 4, 2022, 9:25:53 AM11/4/22
If we feel comfortable identifying the Anne Blennerhasset here
page 39
> https://archive.org/details/visitacionievisi32ryew/page/38/mode/2up?q=sybsay&view=theater

who married William Baynham of Westbury
as the same people described here

http://www2.glos.ac.uk/bgas/tbgas/v006/bg006123.pdf
page 15 of the pdf, pg 134 of the article
MacLean, Sir John, The History of the Manors of Dean Magna and Abenhall. Published in: Transactions of the Bristol and Gloucestershire Archaeological Society, Vol.6, 1881-2

then we have as well that Anne was living in 1568
and William her husband was heir of his father "aged 17" 1528

their eldest son Robert
heir of his father "aged 26 and more" 1568

Will Johnson

Nov 4, 2022, 9:38:37 AM11/4/22
The marriage date of Alice Sibsey to William Blennhassett is exactly known

15 Jan 1552 at Norwich

"England Marriages, 1538–1973", database, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:N2PL-6WY : 13 March 2020)