Arthur Turnor of Parndon Parva, Essex

Will Johnson

Jan 6, 2022, 4:15:50 PM1/6/22
Many sources give the names of the parents of
Edward /Turnor/ , Knt, Chief Baron of the Exchequer 1671; D
born 1617 eldest son of his father
died 4 Mar 1675/1676

as
Arthur /Turnor/ of Parndon Parva, co Essex
died 1651
and
Anne /Jermy/

I had however before today been able to locate the date of their marriage

https://discovery.nationalarchives.gov.uk/details/r/87a52ce8-308d-4d0b-8b82-980f64f569bf

This as well gives us the name of Arthur's father as Edward

Will Johnson

Jan 6, 2022, 4:18:18 PM1/6/22
And that he was immediately executing a bond in his own right to his uncle?
Implies that he was already that year an adult

https://discovery.nationalarchives.gov.uk/details/r/81945363-28f9-4921-9426-432186f439c9

Will Johnson

Jan 6, 2022, 4:19:51 PM1/6/22

Will Johnson

Jan 6, 2022, 4:27:29 PM1/6/22
On Thursday, January 6, 2022 at 1:19:51 PM UTC-8, Will Johnson wrote:
> That Edward's wife was named Anne
>
> https://discovery.nationalarchives.gov.uk/details/r/6706c8fa-f81c-4c5b-b358-942b02a7e859

So I believe the baptism of Arthur Turnor, with father Edward, recorded 19 Jan 1589 Chipping Ongar, is this same Arthur and Edward

Will Johnson

Jan 6, 2022, 4:32:06 PM1/6/22
Knowing that Edward was married to some Anne, and had at least one child at Chipping Ongar, we then get the probability that this Edward Turner and Anne are this same couple

https://www.historyofparliamentonline.org/volume/1558-1603/member/morice-%28afterwards-poyntz%29-john-1568-1618

That she was Anne Morice, the sister to John Morice alias Poyntz

Will Johnson

Jan 6, 2022, 5:00:32 PM1/6/22
Switching to the Jermy family

John /Jermy/ of Gunton, co Norf
died 1630 "aet 75"
his wife is given as
Mary /Mouleton/

I have four children in my database
Anne /Jermy/ m Arthur /Turnor/ of Parndon Parva, co Essex
Robert /Jermy/ of Bayfield, co Norf m Christian /Cooke/
Elizabeth /Jermy/ m John /Palgrave/ of Norwood Berningham, co Norf; Knt and Bnt 1641-
Francis /Jermy/ of Gunton, co Norfolk; esq m Alice /Irby/

Were there any other children for this couple?

Will Johnson

Jan 6, 2022, 6:28:12 PM1/6/22
I think it's possible or probable that this Christopher is actually his elder brother, not his uncle

Will Johnson

Jan 6, 2022, 6:45:54 PM1/6/22
It turns out that they are represented in
https://books.google.com/books?id=qkpFAAAAYAAJ&pg=PA108
Vis Norf 1563 "Jermy of Antingham"

And that Anne was not a daughter by this first wife Mary, but rather by a second wife Helen Jermy (some kind of cousin I presume)

Emma Louise

Oct 29, 2023, 5:40:05 AM10/29/23
Christopher is Arthur's uncle-in-law/cousin, Mary Turnour is Edward Turnour's sister who after becoming a widow from her first marriage went on to marry her cousin Christopher Turnour. The pedigree here doesn't show it super clearly but it's backed up by multiple other pedigrees I've viewed. Hope this helped.
https://books.google.com.au/books?redir_esc=y&id=Yms-AQAAIAAJ&q=turnour#v=snippet&q=turnour&f=false