Jane Pury Wife of Nicholas Southcott

Loren Varga

Jan 13, 2022, 11:27:59 AM1/13/22
Hi Group.

In the Visitation of Devon sub Southcott is listed a Nicholas Southcott with wife Jane Pury daughter of Edmond Pury of Chudleigh.

Does anyone have further information on this Pury Family of Chudleigh?

Regards:
Loren

Will Johnson

Jan 13, 2022, 1:37:22 PM1/13/22
Jane inherited Chudleigh as she was her father's sole heiress
Did you check A2A for this location name?

Leslie Mahler

Jan 13, 2022, 2:01:45 PM1/13/22
What is "A2A"? Are you still living in the past century?
Do you still correspond with Leo as well?

Leslie

taf

Jan 13, 2022, 3:56:54 PM1/13/22
On Thursday, January 13, 2022 at 10:37:22 AM UTC-8, wjhons...@gmail.com wrote:

> Did you check A2A for this location name?

Lest this confuse, the reference is to The National Archives (UK) Discovery catalogue, which combines what in the past had been distinct entities, including National Register of Archives (NRA), Access to Archives (A2A), the Directory of Archives (ARCHON), and the Manorial Documents Register (MDR). A2A is no longer searchable on its own.

https://discovery.nationalarchives.gov.uk/

taf

Will Johnson

Jan 13, 2022, 4:23:17 PM1/13/22
Mooooooooooooooooooooo

John Higgins

Jan 13, 2022, 8:19:45 PM1/13/22
On Thursday, January 13, 2022 at 10:37:22 AM UTC-8, wjhons...@gmail.com wrote:
We already knew that Chudleigh is in Devonshire - but I guess you didn't know that..... To my knowledge nothing more is known of this family.

Will Johnson

Jan 14, 2022, 11:50:06 AM1/14/22
My note was not at all to imply where the location was or wasn't.
It was only to suggest that this location could be plugged into A2A with a filter like 16th century or 15th or whatever, and review what comes up. The family might be represented.