Throckmorton-Baynard

Dcrdcr4

Jan 26, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/26/99
The immigrant, John Throckmorton, of Providence, Rhode Island, is
great-grandson of Simon Throckmorton (ca. 1493-1527) of Earsham, Norfolk, by
his wife, Anne, daughter of Edmund Louthe. Simon Throckmorton is turn was the
son of John Throckmorton, Esq., of South Elmham, Suffolk by his wife, Jane,
daughter of Henry Baynard. Does anyone have any information on Jane Baynard's
ancestry?

The source for this information is Moriarty's excellent article on the
Throckmorton family which appeared in NEHGR, 98 (1944): 67-72, 111-123.

All for now. Douglas Richardson

mond...@mail.utexas.edu

Jan 27, 1999, 3:00:00 AM1/27/99
>The immigrant, John Throckmorton, of Providence, Rhode Island, is
>great-grandson of Simon Throckmorton (ca. 1493-1527) of Earsham, Norfolk, by
>his wife, Anne, daughter of Edmund Louthe. Simon Throckmorton is turn was the
>son of John Throckmorton, Esq., of South Elmham, Suffolk by his wife, Jane,
>daughter of Henry Baynard. Does anyone have any information on Jane Baynard's
>ancestry?

I have 3 Jane Baynards, but none with a Henry for a father:

Jane Baynard (no dates), dau of Philip Baynard (d. 1522) and Jane Stuckley
Jane Baynard (no dates), dau of Robert Baynard (d 1501) and Elizabeth Ludlow
This Jane m. William Temmes, Gentleman, of Steple Ashton, Wilts.
Jane Baynard (no dates), dau of Robert Baynard (d. 1536) and Anne Blake
This Jane m. Leonard Knoell, of Sanford Orcas, Somerset

All this information was forwarded to me by Grace Thomason of Houston TX,
also a descendant of John Baynard (1640-1704, who m. Elizabeth Blackwell),
and has been collecting information for many decades. She doesn't have a
computer or e-mail. If you'd like her address, e-mail me privately.

Francesca Sutton