Unpublished pedigree for Greene of Bobbing, Kent

Brian Hessick

Mar 22, 2023, 5:35:23 PM3/22/23
When Sir Thomas Greene, Knt., of Bobbing, Kent, died in 1624, his papers passed to his younger brother George Grene of Corstown, Kilkenny. Included in those papers was the family pedigree of Norton and Grene signed by “Gulielmus Camden”. That document stayed in the family up until at least 1892 when an article was written by William David Grene, District Inspector of the Royal Irish Constabulary, who was then in possession of it.
In “The History and topographical survey of the county of Kent”, by Edward Hasted (1797), there is information about the Greenes alluding to the same pedigree. It seems there is a duplicate of the same pedigree, assuming that Camden made a copy for the College of Arms, which Hasted was able to examine. Unfortunately, I cannot find this pedigree in any of the published visitations for Kent.
Any thoughts on how to find an unpublished pedigree made during the tenure of William Camden, Clarenceux?

Hikaru Kitabayashi

Apr 21, 2023, 9:56:47 AM4/21/23
You can contact the College of Arms in London. For a modest fee, they will do a search for you and copy whatever information you need. I have used their services before and I found the work done to be well worth the money spent.

Wibs

Apr 21, 2023, 11:19:20 AM4/21/23
Message has been deleted

Scott Green

Sep 27, 2023, 11:12:59 PM9/27/23
Good evening! I live in Choctaw OK. I am researching my dad's side of the family tree and for the last year trying to use DNA to help trace the genealogy.

I was able to triangulate my dad's DNA results with another who descends from Thomas "Seagull" Green b. 1635 aboard the Speedwell when his parents, Thomas Green and Martha Malone, made the voyage to the colonies.

Thomas Green is supposed to have come from Bobbing, Kent, England. I have been looking to try and find some evidence of who this Thomas' line in England might be.

Does anyone know of this Thomas Green/Martha Malone and their journey to America?

Thanks!

sswa...@butler.edu

Sep 28, 2023, 9:05:26 PM9/28/23
Is there a precise citation for William David Grene's 1892 article?