Parentage of Maria Hyde who married George Tomlinson

be...@mail.com

Jul 27, 2010, 2:02:34 PM7/27/10
to gen-me...@rootsweb.com

Hello:

I am trying to verify the parentage of Maria Hyde married George Tomlinson at St. Werburgh's Church in Derbyshire, in 1600. They are the parents of immigrant Henry Tomlinson who eventually settled in Milford, Connecticut.

I have seen several postings which identify her parents as Robert Hyde and Anne Arderne. If anyone has any information on this query, I would appreciate hearing from you.

Thanks,
Beth Mansfield

WJho...@aol.com

Jul 27, 2010, 2:32:18 PM7/27/10
to be...@mail.com, gen-me...@rootsweb.com
In a message dated 7/27/2010 11:04:07 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
be...@mail.com writes:

> I have seen several postings which identify her parents as Robert Hyde
> and Anne Arderne. If anyone has any information on this query, I would
> appreciate hearing from you. >>

--------------------------

Postings are worthless flotsam based on nothing.
However start here

http://books.google.com/books?id=cf8UAAAAQAAJ&pg=RA1-PA36

And fill in the gaps.

Will

be...@mail.com

Jul 27, 2010, 2:45:50 PM7/27/10
to WJho...@aol.com, gen-me...@rootsweb.com

Thanks Will. You had also responded to my Mansfield query. I am still planning to download the copy of the St. Mary Arches marriage entry for Richard Mansfield and Gillian Drake-on my list of to do items. Are you descended from Richard Mansfield also? This George Tomlinson and Maria Hyde I am researching now are ancestors of Anna Tomlinson who married my direct ancestor Nathan Mansfield.

Thanks,

Beth Mansfield

WJho...@aol.com

Jul 27, 2010, 3:55:20 PM7/27/10
to be...@mail.com, gen-me...@rootsweb.com
What is the evidence that Anne the wife of Nathan Mansfield was a daughter
to this couple?

be...@mail.com

Jul 27, 2010, 8:25:51 PM7/27/10
to WJho...@aol.com, gen-me...@rootsweb.com

Hi:

Anna tomlinson who was married to Nathan Mansfield was a descendant of Henry Tomlinson, son of George Tomlinson and Maria Hyde.

Thanks,

Beth Mansfield