John Howland

Riley S

Sep 20, 2021, 4:23:19 PM9/20/21
Can someone please help me ? Did I see that several years ago someone linked Mayflower passenger John Howland's family to an Earl or a Baron ?

Will Johnson

Sep 20, 2021, 7:41:33 PM9/20/21
On Monday, September 20, 2021 at 1:23:19 PM UTC-7, Riley S wrote:
> Can someone please help me ? Did I see that several years ago someone linked Mayflower passenger John Howland's family to an Earl or a Baron ?

Was your family one of the 439 heirs discovered when attempting to distribute the multi-million dollar estate of Sylvia Howland.

taf

Sep 20, 2021, 9:48:23 PM9/20/21
On Monday, September 20, 2021 at 1:23:19 PM UTC-7, Riley S wrote:
> Can someone please help me ? Did I see that several years ago someone linked Mayflower passenger John Howland's family to an Earl or a Baron ?

I am unaware of such a discovery. Not too long ago, of the Mayflower passengers only the More siblings had a known royal descent, and since royal blood tricked down to almost all Earls and most Baronial lines before very long, this would make such a line for Howland unlikely. I cannot, however, exclude the possibility that a discovery has been made that that has not come to my attention.

taf

Riley S

Sep 21, 2021, 4:20:58 PM9/21/21

Leslie Mahler

Sep 21, 2021, 6:23:43 PM9/21/21
If something new had been discovered about John Howland's ancestry,
Caleb Johnson would know about it.

http://mayflowerhistory.com/howland/

Leslie

pgiff...@gmail.com

Oct 1, 2021, 11:23:23 PM10/1/21
These were outlined in the book _Howland Heirs_, published in the teens. Her ancestor, Isaac Howland, was the first generation to accumulate considerable capital. My 4g aunt, Ruth Butts, was his second wife, but had no surviving children. Her relatives all named children after him in the hopes he would leave them something. Of course he didn't.

Hettie Howland Green was called the "Witch of Wall Street."

Paul Gifford