PCC wills

Paul Mackenzie

Feb 24, 2021, 6:32:11 PM2/24/21
As you may know, the National Archives UK during these covid times has opened up access to the PCC wills for free. I have been taking this time to trace other family branches of my tree.

Recently I came across a will which may be of interest to our American Colleagues even though it is out of the medieval range

ABSTRACT PROB 11/215/663 The national archives UK
Testator: William Lutman of Ockley in the county of Surrey, husbandman
Beneficiaries:
1. Thomas Blundell son in law of said testator
2. The children of Jane Dudley and William Dudley her husband, Jane being the daughter of said testator
3. Jane the wife of said testator

Terms of the Will:
1. He gave a monetary legacy to Thomas Blundell his son in law.
2. He bequeathed monetary legacies to the children of Jane Dudley his daughter and William Dudley her husband, if any of them shall happen to come over out of New England into his lands

Executors: Jane the wife of said testator, sole executrix

Dated: 3rd March 1648
Proved: 1sr March 1651

Mark Jennings

Feb 24, 2021, 6:43:50 PM2/24/21
"1636: William Dudley & Jeane Lutman marryed August 24th day" (Ockley Parish Register)

Some info on alleged descendants here:

https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Dudley-30

[some familiar names as contributors :-) ]

Seems to have been a detailed article in TAG 82 (2007)