oT: claims of Wernitz to have princely ancestry

M S

Jun 7, 2022, 4:43:34 AM6/7/22

in the 1900s, Wernitz claims to have aristcratic grandmothers.

a certain princess Alexandra Lvovna Galitzina, from Moscow, is claimed to be the mother of a Stefan Karl Wernitz (birth in Köszeg = Güns, Eisenberg, Hungary's Burgenland).

https://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00553598&tree=LEO

a certain morganatically born baroness Yvonne Rennenberg, frm Rhineland, is claimed to be the mother of a Margaretha Gabriella Viktoria Udvar (birth 1909 in pecs (German: Fünfkirchen), s.Hungary).

https://www.genealogics.org/getperson.php?personID=I00383402&tree=LEO

Has there been reliable research abut these births, parentages and claimed marriages?

M S

Jun 7, 2022, 11:45:25 PM6/7/22
an essay exists:

Stair Sainty, Guy (2002)
"Andreas Wernitz, the real story of his imposture as duke, prince, marquis, count, baron and grandee of Spain".
Essay, chivalricorders

===================

7. a 2022 klo 11.43.34 UTC+3 M S:
Message has been deleted

Steven Benedict

Nov 18, 2022, 4:30:56 PM11/18/22
On Tuesday, June 7, 2022 at 11:45:25 PM UTC-4, M S wrote:
> an essay exists:
> Stair Sainty, Guy (2002)
> "Andreas Wernitz, the real story of his imposture as duke, prince, marquis, count, baron and grandee of Spain".
> Essay, chivalricorders

I understood from a mutual acquaintance that Mr. Sainty scrubbed the excellent essay from the web due to threats of legal action by the fraudster von Wernitz. In the fascinating essay of which I fortunately made a copy, Sainty exposed Wernitz as a Hungarian-born con-man András Petróczy. Wernitz did marry a genuine Hungarian countess, but his own claim to aristocratic forbears is entirely fabricated.