ORIGIN OF "FEIVISH"

Howard Gershen

Mar 21, 1995, 2:12:53 PM3/21/95
Gary Opper asked about the origin/history/meaning of the Yiddish name
"FEIVISH."

Well, it's complicated and weird, but here's the story (from an old
posting in MENDELE-L, the Yiddish literature and language emailing
list):

Mar 21, 1995, 9:47:17 AM3/21/95
Does any know the origin, history and meaning of the Yiddish name
"FEIVISH"?

HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY

Gary Opper
appr...@bcfreenet.seflin.lib.fl.us