Re: STEPHANO POWSEITCH aka STEPHANO HASKETT aka JOHN STANTON

phil...@gmail.com

Jan 9, 2018, 6:06:39 AM1/9/18
On Saturday, 8 April 2000 17:00:00 UTC+10, Sandra wrote:
> STEPHANO POWSEITCH was born in Palerma, Sicily, Italy abt 1782. He
> arrived as a convict to Australia on 9.10.1812 on the ship 'Earl
> Spencer'. He left Italy as Stephano Powseitch, and when he arrived at
> Australia, he gave his name as STEPHANO HASKETT. He married 27.3.1820 at
> St.Johns Church, Parramatta, NSW, Australia, to MARY POSHICK aka STANTON
> aka MARGARET STAUNTON who was born in County Mayo, Ireland abt 1798. She
> came to Australia as a convict on the 19.11.1818 on the ship
> 'Elizabeth'. Children were - MARY ANN. b. 1824, NSW. MARGARET HANNAH. b.
> 1826 NSW. BRIDGET. b. 1830 NSW. MARGARET and JOHN. b. 1823. d. 1887.
> Married Eliza Duffy 2.2.1846 at St.Patrick R.C. Church, Parramatta, NSW,
> Australia.
> I have found this information out since posting my first message titled,
> STANTON. JOHN, this afternoon.
> Can anyone help me out with Stephano Powseitch's parents, where he came
> from, what he did, etc. Thankyou one and all. Sandra STANTON from NSW,
> Australia.

Hi Sandy - Just wondering if you got any further with tracing Powseitch. My wife's maiden name was Diller and Linda Stanton was her grandmother. I've been doing some research for her over the past few years and Powseitch is a BIG curiosity.
Regards
Phil

Free Flights to Italy NGO

Jan 20, 2018, 1:48:10 AM1/20/18
> Hi Sandy - Just wondering if you got any further with tracing Powseitch.

Are you sure the spelling is correct?
--
https://freeflightstoitaly.ngo
https://freeflightstoitaly.ngo/genealogy.html

myrga...@gmail.com

Dec 29, 2018, 8:41:05 PM12/29/18
Hi, could I ask from where you obtained John/Stephano's birth date? Has someone seen the original birth certificate? What was the name on it? Thanks, Bob