RE: Ancester Search

Patricia Petrizzo

Dec 25, 2013, 9:50:23 AM12/25/13
to gen-i...@rootsweb.com
Is this spam? Has anyone accessed this site? It seems "ancestor" is spelled incorrectly.

> Message: 1
> Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2013 07:02:12 +0100
> From: "Ancester Search" <in...@ancester-search.com>
> Subject: Launch of new Ancestry and Genealogy Search Engine
> To: gen-i...@rootsweb.com
>
> Goodday,
>
> Ancester Search is announcing the launch of its new ancestry and genealogy
> search engine.
>
> If you are seeking ancestor information, fell free to stop by at Ancester
> Search. Our search engine supports full text searches either by phrase, or
> by query.
>
> Thank you for your attention.
>
> Ancester Search
> http://ancester-search.com
> in...@ancester-search.com
>

> --- news://freenews.netfront.net/ - complaints: ne...@netfront.net ---

Retired

Dec 25, 2013, 4:37:45 PM12/25/13
The spelling may be deliberate as it appears that ancestOr-search.com
is already assigned in Florida & Georgia, but is not in use. ( see
WHOIS results below)

ancestEr-search.com was registered just this month in Germany, and
hosted in Denmark

Domain Name: ANCESTOR-SEARCH.COM
Registry Domain ID:
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.networksolutions.com
Registrar URL: http://www.networksolutions.com/en_US/
Updated Date: 2013-01-29T00:00:00Z
Creation Date: 2001-03-07T00:00:00Z
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2015-03-07T00:00:00Z
Registrar: NETWORK SOLUTIONS, LLC.
Registrar IANA ID: 2
Registrar Abuse Contact Email: ab...@web.com
Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: 1-800-333-7680
Reseller:
Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited
Registry Registrant ID:
Registrant Name: ancestor search
Registrant Organization: ancestor search
Registrant Street: 4421 NW 10th Place
Registrant City: Gainesville
Registrant State/Province: FL
Registrant Postal Code: 32605
Registrant Country: US
Registrant Phone: 352-372-5747 209-821-8497
Registrant Phone Ext:
Registrant Fax: 999 999 9999
Registrant Fax Ext:
Registrant Email: re...@BELLSOUTH.NET
Registry Admin ID:
Admin Name: Reid, Kathleen
Admin Organization: ancestor search
Admin Street: 4421 NW 10th Place
Admin City: Gainesville
Admin State/Province: FL
Admin Postal Code: 32605
Admin Country: US
Admin Phone: 352-372-5747 209-821-8497
Admin Phone Ext:
Admin Fax: (209) 821-8497
Admin Fax Ext:
Admin Email: re...@BELLSOUTH.NET
Registry Tech ID:
Tech Name: Inc., Interland,
Tech Organization: null
Tech Street: 303 Peachtree Center Avenue
Tech City: Atlanta
Tech State/Province: GA
Tech Postal Code: 30303
Tech Country: US
Tech Phone: 404-720-8301
Tech Phone Ext:
Tech Fax: 1.678.365.2899
Tech Fax Ext:
Tech Email: TimjB...@gmail.com
Name Server: DNS1.HOSTPRO.NET
Name Server: DNS2.HOSTPRO.NET
DNSSEC:
URL of the ICANN WHOIS Data Problem Reporting System:
http://wdprs.internic.net/
>>> Last update of whois database: Wed, 25 Dec 2013 21:24:38 UTC <<<

W David Samuelsen

Dec 26, 2013, 12:06:29 AM12/26/13
to gen-i...@rootsweb.com
One of worst designed sites. Very unfriendly.

Even somebody in soc.medieval / Gen-medieval mailing list pounced on
this person. The messages from the owner of site was not signed at all
and won't identify.

The site is not content-rich at all. The results we can find on our own.

David Samuelsen

Patricia Petrizzo

Dec 29, 2013, 8:55:13 AM12/29/13
to gen-i...@rootsweb.com
Retired,

Thanks for the info about this website. And I learned something new about how to check out websites (WHOIS)!

Pat

aliceplouc...@gmail.com

Nov 29, 2019, 4:46:39 PM11/29/19
Every time I have tried it says ”this site can’t be reached”