End of Usenet support for Google Groups

Ian Goddard

Dec 16, 2023, 7:57:36 AM12/16/23
I've come across this.
https://support.google.com/groups/answer/11036538?hl=en

Hopefully this means the end of newsgroup spam. It also means that the
ongoing archive that Deja News started will cease to grow. How long
Google keeps the old content there is anybody's guess.

I wonder if someone else - archive .org maybe - will step forward to
fill the gap.

Ian

john

Dec 16, 2023, 10:14:52 AM12/16/23
As I've posted previously, there is narkive.com which includes
https://soc.genealogy.britain.narkive.com
You can use the web site search e.g. site://narkive.com "ian goddard"
or the Advanced search option in many search engines