Finding Relatives in Ireland

Ernie Willson

Jan 31, 2022, 8:11:20 PM1/31/22
I am trying to find any relative of mine living in Ireland. I live in the US and my father s mother was Ellen K. O Leary. She was born in Bantry Ireland on Nov 21, 1881. She immigrated to the US from the port of Queensland. She and her sister Maud departed for the US on Sept 9, 1906 and entered the US in Boston where she lived for the rest of her entire life. Her married name was Ellen Willson (Mrs Everard Willson). They had 5 children, Ernest, Ella, Burton, Everard, and Edyth. Any help in finding any of my living relatives will be greatly appreciated.

RoddyMcCorley

Feb 16, 2022, 2:44:47 PM2/16/22
On 1/31/2022 8:11 PM, Ernie Willson wrote:
> I am trying to find any relative of mine living in Ireland. I live in the US and my fathers mother was Ellen K. OLeary. She was born in Bantry Ireland on Nov 21, 1881. She immigrated to the US from the port of Queensland. She and her sister Maud departed for the US on Sept 9, 1906 and entered the US in Boston where she lived for the rest of her entire life. Her married name was Ellen Willson (Mrs Everard Willson). They had 5 children, Ernest, Ella, Burton, Everard, and Edyth. Any help in finding any of my living relatives will be greatly appreciated.

Have you tried: https://www.irishgenealogy.ie/en/ ?

And this for Civil Registration Districts:
https://www.irish-genealogy-toolkit.com/Ireland-civil-registration.html

And this for Catholic Parishes for church records:
https://www.familysearch.org/en/wiki/County_Cork_Civil_Parishes
Good luck,

Dennis

--
"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In
practice, there is." Ruben Goldberg

Leo Isenteze

Mar 3, 2022, 1:59:57 AM3/3/22
On 1/31/2022 8:11 PM, Ernie Willson wrote:
> I am trying to find any relative of mine living in Ireland. I live in the US and my fathers mother was Ellen K. OLeary. She was born in Bantry Ireland on Nov 21, 1881. She immigrated to the US from the port of Queensland. She and her sister Maud departed for the US on Sept 9, 1906 and entered the US in Boston where she lived for the rest of her entire life. Her married name was Ellen Willson (Mrs Everard Willson). They had 5 children, Ernest, Ella, Burton, Everard, and Edyth. Any help in finding any of my living relatives will be greatly appreciated.

Do a DNA test at MyHeritage as they have more European customers than
Ancestry or 23andMe.

You might get lucky with a 2nd or 3rd cousin match in Ireland or the UK.

My closest match (3rd cousin) on Irish DNA lives in England not in Ireland.