Manuel Truch; Birth/Census Please

1 view

Stan Barras

Aug 17, 2005, 3:59:50 PM8/17/05
I am seeking birth record and census records of Manuel Truch(also Truc), a
native of Spain, who immigrated to New Orleans on 3 Aug 1842 from Cadiz,
Spain via Havana. At that time he was 16 years old making his birth year
about 1826. He married Magdalena Rass (Ross) in New Orleans about 1847.
She was from Baden Baden, Germany, born about 1827.
Manuel died 31 Oct. 1884 and Magdalena died 18 Nov 1810 both in New Orleans.
Thank you for any help you can give for Spain and US.
Stan.

--
This mail has been scanned for viruses.

MikeS

Aug 17, 2005, 4:54:56 PM8/17/05

"Stan Barras" <stanb...@cox.net> wrote in message

MikeS

Aug 17, 2005, 4:56:50 PM8/17/05

"Stan Barras" <stanb...@cox.net> wrote in message

Stan, Here is some information on their children and Manuel's Confederate
War information which you may or may not have. Please note the various
spellings of his wife's maiden name. Mike

New Orleans, Louisiana Birth Records Index, 1790-1899
Given: Madeleine Catherine
Surname: Truch
Father: Manuel
Mother: Madeleine Rass
Sex: F
Color: W
Birth Date: 29 Oct 1862
Volume: 31
Page: 584

Given: Joseph Edward
Surname: Truch
Father: Manuel
Mother: Madeleine Rees
Sex: M
Color: W
Birth Date: 06 Feb 1867
Volume: 45
Page: 27

Given: Orlando
Surname: Truch
Father: Manuel
Mother: Magdeleine Keasse
Sex: M
Color:
Birth Date: 25 May 1870
Volume: 55
Page: 51

Given: Manuela Josephine
Surname: Truch
Father: Manuel
Mother: Magdelena Rees
Sex: F
Color:
Birth Date: 21 Mar 1872
Volume: 60
Page: 251

Source Information:
Ancestry.com. New Orleans, Louisiana Birth Records Index, 1790-1899.
[database online] Provo, UT: MyFamily.com, Inc., 2002. Original data: State
of Louisiana, Secretary of State, Division of Archives, Records Management,
and History. Vital Records Indices. Baton Rouge, LA.

New Orleans, Louisiana Death Records Index, 1804-1949
Name: Manuel Truch
Age: 15 mos
Death Date: 02 Jul 1865
Color: W
Page: 799
Volume: 29

Source Information:
Ancestry.com. New Orleans, Louisiana Death Records Index, 1804-1949.
[database online] Provo, UT: MyFamily.com, Inc., 2002. Original data: State
of Louisiana, Secretary of State, Division of Archives, Records Management,
and History. Vital Records Indices. Baton Rouge, LA.

Louisiana Confederate Soldiers
Confederate Research Sources
Volume 3
page 874
Truch, Manuel,Capt. Co. 10, 5th Regt. European Brig. (Spanish Regt.) La.
Mil. On Roll not dated.

MikeS

Aug 17, 2005, 4:59:03 PM8/17/05

"Stan Barras" <stanb...@cox.net> wrote in message
>I am seeking birth record and census records of Manuel Truch(also Truc), a
> native of Spain, who immigrated to New Orleans on 3 Aug 1842 from Cadiz,
> Spain via Havana.

Stan, I forgot to include the following in my last message. Mike

Civil War Service Records
Name: Manuel Truch
Company: 10
Unit: 5 Regiment European Brigade (Spanish Regiment), Louisiana Militia.
Rank - Induction: Captain
Rank - Discharge: Captain
Allegiance: Confederate

Source Information:
United States National Archives. Civil War Compiled Military Service Records
[database online] Provo, UT: Ancestry.com, 1999-.

Tara

Aug 18, 2005, 8:27:09 AM8/18/05
Stan,

I'm sending you the 1850-1910 census images for Manuel and Magdalena and
also the 1900-1910 for their son Paul that I happened upon. They're all
pretty solid except for the 1850. Those 2 are a bit iffy, so I'll post what
I'm sending you here and see if anyone else can find something that looks
better.

Name: Manuel Pruss
Age: 20
Estimated birth year: abt 1830
Birth place: Spain
Gender: Male
Home in 1850
(City,County,State): New Orleans Municipality 1 Ward 6, Orleans,
Louisiana
Page: 306
Roll: M432_236

Name: Lena Reys
Age: 19
Estimated birth year: abt 1831
Birth place: Germany
Gender: Male
Home in 1850
(City,County,State): New Orleans Municipality 1 Ward 4, Orleans,
Louisiana
Page: 133
Roll: M432_235

--
Tara Larkin
Remove NO SPAM to reply by email.

Stan Barras

Aug 21, 2005, 4:11:52 PM8/21/05
Thanks Mike and Tara.
Stan.

Frank Thompson

May 27, 2021, 6:52:31 PM5/27/21
I am seeking for viable projects/crypto enthusiasts in need of capital injection through direct investment funding on blockchain.
WhatsApp +16268723655