Lutheran Church in Marienwerder

Beverly Galler

Aug 28, 2021, 10:17:56 AM8/28/21
Our ancestors attended a church in Marienwerder, but we don't know which one. Ancestry.com lists their records in this category:
Evangelische Kirche
Dom (Niederungs)
Kirche Marienwerder
(Westpreussen)

Is this the big cathedral associated with the castle? Our people were farmers, and not wealthy. It doesn't seem as if this would be their church. We're writing a paper for a family reunion, and would like to tell relatives where their ancestors attended services, and would really like to find a picture, but we just can't figure out which church it was.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
BG

Valerie Demos

Aug 29, 2021, 11:07:33 PM8/29/21
On Saturday, August 28, 2021 at 10:17:56 AM UTC-4, Beverly Galler wrote:
> Our ancestors attended a church in Marienwerder, but we don't know which one. Ancestry.com lists their records in this category:
> Evangelische Kirche

I can't help you, but some of my wife's ancestors attended church there also according to ancestry records.
I'm not sure which names right now without looking.
Danke.
Alan Demos