surname: ARNDT

Robert Arndt

Jul 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/27/96

Any information about the surname ARNDT would be appreciated. My records
(53-16N, 13-54E), December 15, 1839, died Sheboygan, Wisconsin, USA May
4, 1906.
Father: Karl Friedrich ARNDT (no other data)
Mother: Marie Christine Miess (no other data)
Married: Wilhelmina GEHRKE, September 3, 1865

I have pretty good records from Wilhelm ARNDT to present, and am willing
to share any information. BArn...@wow.com

mhub...@sophistry.com

Jul 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/28/96
to BArn...@wow.com, mhub...@sophistry.com

I have yet to do any work on the Arndt family but the Sheboygan, WI
caught my eye. Here is what I have from another family member
for my gg-grandfather August Arndt (I have not verified any of it).

"August Arndt b 19 Aug 1838 in Germany, d 24 Jan 1912, married Caroline
Timm, his second wife, b 16 Apr 1845, d 18 Feb 1932. After arriving
at the Port of Entry Detroit, MI July 1867 with two children traveled
on to Milwaukee where they lived until they became disatisfied and
wanted to move west where they heard farming was better. So with the
family, except Bertha, moved to New Hampton, Iowa and settled on a
farm there. He became a United States citizen on October 8, 1884.
Both are buried in Alta Vista, Iowa.

Children:
Bertha b 2 Apr 1863
Hannah b 11 May 1865
Augusta b 22 Jan 1872
Richard b 3 Jun 1873
Ida b 10 Jun 1875
William b 19 Nov 1877
Emma b 18 Jun 1884
Martha b 29 Jan 1887"

I just confirmed the birth dates of Richard, Ida, and William via
baptism records of St. John's in South Germantown, (Kuhburg),
Washington County, WI.

Additionally, from the 1850 census in the Town of Menomonee (if I read
my mother's notes correctly) there was a Martin Arndt, age 53, and his
wife Dorothy, age 51 and their family.

From the 1860 census in the second ward of Milwaukee, two families:
William Arndt age 32, a tailor and wife Louisa age 26; and Friedrich,
age 31, a laborer, and wife Emilie, age 35, and two children.

Is this of any help?

Marvin Hubenthal
mhub...@sophistry.com

Helen Gillespie

Jul 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/28/96

Robert Arndt (robert...@mail.prostar.com) writes:
> Any information about the surname ARNDT would be appreciated. My records
> (53-16N, 13-54E), December 15, 1839, died Sheboygan, Wisconsin, USA May
> 4, 1906.
> Father: Karl Friedrich ARNDT (no other data)
> Mother: Marie Christine Miess (no other data)
> Married: Wilhelmina GEHRKE, September 3, 1865

May not be of much help, but there were a lot of Arendt and Arndts in the
Benton Harbor/St. Joseph's area of Michigan - where there were a lot of
Germans from Russia. I noted some in the cemetery listings printed by the
South Western Michigan Genealogical Society. The book is in print and
avlb in the public library. They also have old rural directories and they
may be listed there. Found some of my BAIER family there.

Also a lot of ARNDTs in Manitoba about this time too.

Good Luck

--
I am doing the best I can at the moment.
However, this is not necessarily my best moment.